The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by Anna191817
My mum says thanks 😂

I'm glad I could help 😂 😂
Anyone else picking Student Houses?
Reply 122
do we upload documents or occupational health stuff and select accommodation after a levels?
Reply 123
Original post by pav_sn
do we upload documents or occupational health stuff and select accommodation after a levels?

You choose accomodation as soon as you've firmed itand then it's confirmed after a levels. In assuming there has been emails about the documents you need to upload I don't know if anyone else can shed light on that?
Reply 124
Hi everyone passing on a message from the admisaions team, any applicant is encouraged to email at: [email protected]

There is a team of staff who will answer your queries straight away as they are waiting for them. They’ll try their best to personalise the emails and try to answer any questions that they do have answers for! They are so friendly and helpful so just to encourage you I'm sure they will be even more reassuring!
Is anyone going for the foundation year at Cardiff through ISC?
Original post by ENR123
Hi everyone passing on a message from the admisaions team, any applicant is encouraged to email at: [email protected]

There is a team of staff who will answer your queries straight away as they are waiting for them. They’ll try their best to personalise the emails and try to answer any questions that they do have answers for! They are so friendly and helpful so just to encourage you I'm sure they will be even more reassuring!

Thank you for the info :smile:
If I’ve achieved 6A*s and 4As at GCSE AAB at A level, predicted A*AA and achieved AAB in my mocks what are we thinking the chances are? We’re probably going to be left in limbo until August good luck to you all 👍
I feel like we literally don't know. When schools, exam boards and unis make their statements (after the government announces its strategy) then you can get a better idea of how it will work, then use the link to ask Cardiff how you'll do. That's what I'm planning on doing
What is the UK's plan and what could happen next?

Alistair Jarvis, chief executive of Universities UK, said if an appropriate way to assess students could be found - such as a combination of teacher assessments and previous assignments - then awards could be granted this summer.

Yesterday, he told BBC Radio 4's Today programme: "This would allow students to get their grades and the university admission process to go ahead this summer."

Asked whether students who have already been offered a place at university could have it as an unconditional offer, he said: "That is possible, that would be a good option to immediately remove the uncertainty for students."

Source: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51956279
Original post by Jtohunt
What is the UK's plan and what could happen next?

Alistair Jarvis, chief executive of Universities UK, said if an appropriate way to assess students could be found - such as a combination of teacher assessments and previous assignments - then awards could be granted this summer.

Yesterday, he told BBC Radio 4's Today programme: "This would allow students to get their grades and the university admission process to go ahead this summer."

Asked whether students who have already been offered a place at university could have it as an unconditional offer, he said: "That is possible, that would be a good option to immediately remove the uncertainty for students."

Source: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51956279

I’ve heard quite a few unis doing that I’m just not sure if that would ever be the case with medicine because it’s so competitive...
Original post by Caustin2536
I’ve heard quite a few unis doing that I’m just not sure if that would ever be the case with medicine because it’s so competitive...

You could be right! It's all up in the air, nothing definitive yet. I guess we'll have to wait and see.
Reply 132
If I still haven't messaged you individually please give this message a like!
Reply 133
Hi
I am worried about the grades calculated in this fashion
Will there be flexibility from the university about the conditional offer?
does anybody knows ?

thanks
Original post by drstup
Hi
does anybody knows ?

thanks

I’m worried about it myself, I firmed QUB and insured Cardiff. As far as I’m aware QUB are still going to hold me to A*AA, not sure about Cardiff but I am quite stressed I won’t meet either.
Reply 135
Original post by drstup
Hi
does anybody knows ?

thanks

Hi there, I can appreciate you must be concerned and can't imagine how stressful this must be. The med school are working on a plan to make it as fair as possible, but they have to ensure that their decisions are online with central guidance as well as government guidance, so unfortunately there will be a wait until all decisions are made. I know it doesn't help not knowing but just want to reassure they are doing everything they can and you will hear as soon as everything is set in stone
Reply 136
Hi
does anybody knows ?

thanks

Original post by Caustin2536
I’m worried about it myself, I firmed QUB and insured Cardiff. As far as I’m aware QUB are still going to hold me to A*AA, not sure about Cardiff but I am quite stressed I won’t meet either.

Thanks
I am in similar situation
UCL and Cardiff
didnt had the best result in last mocks as was preparing for interview
Reply 137
Original post by ENR123
Hi there, I can appreciate you must be concerned and can't imagine how stressful this must be. The med school are working on a plan to make it as fair as possible, but they have to ensure that their decisions are online with central guidance as well as government guidance, so unfortunately there will be a wait until all decisions are made. I know it doesn't help not knowing but just want to reassure they are doing everything they can and you will hear as soon as everything is set in stone

thanks for the kind words
Reply 138
My son is predicted 3 A*, got 3 A*s in his mocks and has had high scores in all assessments over the two years so hoping he will be ok. However he goes to a comprehensive school sixth form and hoping that won’t be a disadvantage when it comes to Ofqual moderating.....I only got concerned when a lad we know who is at the local grammar said they will all be ok as grammar schools are renowned for high results. I hope Ofqual will be fair in that respect.....My son has firmed Cardiff. He is a bit worried incase uni’s have to retract offers but sure that won’t happen.
Out of interest is there any other offer holders from Belfast or NI here?

Latest

Trending

Trending