Aishwarya123456
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I recently recieved an offer for bsc accounting and finance at King's but as they have introduced this course very recently, I'm concerned about the job placements that I will be able to secure in the future if I do decide to confirm. My other offers are from Warwick and Bath. It would be great if someone could help me out
ajj2000
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Aishwarya123456)
I recently recieved an offer for bsc accounting and finance at King's but as they have introduced this course very recently, I'm concerned about the job placements that I will be able to secure in the future if I do decide to confirm. My other offers are from Warwick and Bath. It would be great if someone could help me out
What do you mean by job placements? Year in industry?
Aishwarya123456
Rep:
?
No,not year in industry. I'm just concerned about if the accounting and finance degree from KCL will be as valuable since they have only introduced the course recently? My school counsellor does not want me to consider kcl but I think it has a better international reputation than the other colleges that I've recieved offers from till now.
ajj2000
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
No,not year in industry. I'm just concerned about if the accounting and finance degree from KCL will be as valuable since they have only introduced the course recently? My school counsellor does not want me to consider kcl but I think it has a better international reputation than the other colleges that I've recieved offers from till now.
It depends if you are looking for jobs in the U.K. or abroad. I don’t think employers would make much difference between the courses - although Bath and Warwick have well known highly regarded courses.

you might want to consider whether exemptions from professional exams matter to you - it’s unclear whether these are available with the kings course. This may well be because it’s new and they haven’t accredited yet.
nachdos
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
when did u get offer from warwick?
Aishwarya123456
Rep:
?
(Original post by nachdos)
when did u get offer from warwick?
18th Feb
ap1218
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
hi, I’m curious what you chose as I’m in a similar situation now. I have offers from kcl, Manchester, glasgow and bath for accounting and finance. I’m an international applicant.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (28)
5.57%
Uncertainty around my education (58)
11.53%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (60)
11.93%
Lack of purpose or motivation (66)
13.12%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (28)
5.57%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (22)
4.37%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (53)
10.54%
Financial worries (30)
5.96%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (20)
3.98%
Exposure to negative news/social media (32)
6.36%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (15)
2.98%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (49)
9.74%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (42)
8.35%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed