5tr3s5ed
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I know exams are soon but for some reason I just cant find any motivation to revise!! Any tips for revision? Also can i still get good grades (7s/8s) if I start revising now?
abbie_laurenx
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If you get your head down and work hard, it is possible. I too struggled with motivation to revise at GCSE, I set myself little rewards each day/week or would make plans to motivate me to get through exams.
5tr3s5ed
Rep:
?
(Original post by abbie_laurenx)
If you get your head down and work hard, it is possible. I too struggled with motivation to revise at GCSE, I set myself little rewards each day/week or would make plans to motivate me to get through exams.
Okay thanks!!! I’m planning on starting tomorrow
entertainmyfaith
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
force yourself to even if you don't feel like it- you've only got a few months to go so not long left and then you've a long summer!! make sure you don't revise for excessively long periods- take regular breaks away from your working space.
elssssssssa
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by 5tr3s5ed)
I know exams are soon but for some reason I just cant find any motivation to revise!! Any tips for revision? Also can i still get good grades (7s/8s) if I start revising now?
It has taken me years to find something that works for me! Still narrowing it down to a fine art but what I have learned to do is:

1. If you know there is a revision technique that works for someone else who may get good grades, it won't necessarily work for you. So find a way that works for you, it can be as uncommon as you like and if another person's method doesn't work for you it doesn't mean you are not intelligent or capable.
2. Listen to music but NOT WITH LYRICS. It isn't just classical music out there you can find every genre with no lyrics.
3. 1 minute is better than no minutes.
4. Without putting pressure on yourself, visualise what you really want and then visualise failing to get there because of not doing enough work. Or picture what you really really really want like more than anything in the world. I know it sounds like a cliche but adapt it to how it can work for you.

Hope this helps!

Btw got straight A's in Scottish Highers - I don't mean this in a boastful way but I mean that these are the ones that worked for me and got me here.
5tr3s5ed
Rep:
?
(Original post by elssssssssa)
It has taken me years to find something that works for me! Still narrowing it down to a fine art but what I have learned to do is:

1. If you know there is a revision technique that works for someone else who may get good grades, it won't necessarily work for you. So find a way that works for you, it can be as uncommon as you like and if another person's method doesn't work for you it doesn't mean you are not intelligent or capable.
2. Listen to music but NOT WITH LYRICS. It isn't just classical music out there you can find every genre with no lyrics.
3. 1 minute is better than no minutes.
4. Without putting pressure on yourself, visualise what you really want and then visualise failing to get there because of not doing enough work. Or picture what you really really really want like more than anything in the world. I know it sounds like a cliche but adapt it to how it can work for you.

Hope this helps!

Btw got straight A's in Scottish Highers - I don't mean this in a boastful way but I mean that these are the ones that worked for me and got me here.
thank you so much for your help!!! And you did so well!!
Dancer2001
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Stuff that helps me:
-revising at home is really difficult, so try to do as much as possible at school (lunchtimes and after if possible). You could also have a specific time each week when you go to the library or something to get stuff done.

-keep a list of everything you get stuck on, and ask your teacher to explain it the next lesson. After that, go over it that day, and have a go at another question on the topic (even if it’s 1 question or 5 minutes)

-remember that every bit of revision you do is worth something and will help you

-on the other hand, definitely avoid flicking through textbooks and calling it revision. You will know it’s not really productive. If you don’t know where to start, at least make some notes on another sheet of paper.
5tr3s5ed
Rep:
?
(Original post by Dancer2001)
Stuff that helps me:
-revising at home is really difficult, so try to do as much as possible at school (lunchtimes and after if possible). You could also have a specific time each week when you go to the library or something to get stuff done.

-keep a list of everything you get stuck on, and ask your teacher to explain it the next lesson. After that, go over it that day, and have a go at another question on the topic (even if it’s 1 question or 5 minutes)

-remember that every bit of revision you do is worth something and will help you

-on the other hand, definitely avoid flicking through textbooks and calling it revision. You will know it’s not really productive. If you don’t know where to start, at least make some notes on another sheet of paper.
thank you so much!!!
Mayuxue
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Download the forest app, works wonders!
elssssssssa
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by 5tr3s5ed)
I joined the university library in my city and it has helped so so much. I get that you might not live in a city or near a university but I live near one and just being around older people it is kind of like positive peer pressure. When other people are around you working and you will be stared at it you keep getting up and down, and snack and sing to yourself lol and stuff, it is so helpful and you can get loads done.

The on win my city is open 24/7 so can go and there will always be people studying whatever time of day so it can be really flexible around your schedule! Hope this helps
5tr3s5ed
Rep:
?
(Original post by elssssssssa)
I joined the university library in my city and it has helped so so much. I get that you might not live in a city or near a university but I live near one and just being around older people it is kind of like positive peer pressure. When other people are around you working and you will be stared at it you keep getting up and down, and snack and sing to yourself lol and stuff, it is so helpful and you can get loads done.

The on win my city is open 24/7 so can go and there will always be people studying whatever time of day so it can be really flexible around your schedule! Hope this helps
that’s a really good idea!!! thank you!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (125)
15.47%
Uncertainty around my education (131)
16.21%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (77)
9.53%
Isolating with family (54)
6.68%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (32)
3.96%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (69)
8.54%
Loneliness (86)
10.64%
Financial worries (35)
4.33%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (72)
8.91%
Exposure to negative news/social media (52)
6.44%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (75)
9.28%

Watched Threads