I closed my universal credit case, will I still get paid?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I closed my universal credit case yesterday as I'm going into work.

I'm due to receive full month's universal credit payment in a few days time deposited into my bank account on that very date.

However will I still get the payment as I closed the case early?
Evelyn34
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I don't think they will stop it to be honest. I mean if you got a new job, the chances are if you start THIS WEEK, you would only get about 5 days (1 weeks) worth of pay for this month (Feb) Assuming that you start work this week, because payday for most employers are the last working day of the month (for this month, Feb, it is Friday 28 Feb and the cut off point for that months pay is the week before payday - the end of this week for this months pay) so even if you worked this week (lets say you start tomorrow, Wednesday 19 Feb, you are likely to work the next 5 days meaning you had you "2 days off work", for yesterday (Monday) and today (Tuesday), assuming you are working full time 5 days a week that is and even at minimun wage of £8.21 at full time hours of 37.5 hrs a week is a little over £307 when you get paid next week. So based on that IU doubt it.

So to bring to my important questions. When do you start your new job? Also it is worth asking your work coach. My besdt bet is, do you still have access to your universal credit account. If so log into it and leave a message asking about it. But my honest gut instinct is, they will still pay you because I hardly think they will cancel it and expect you to live on nothing,for the next month until payday do they? I think there is a threshold on how much you can get claimed depending on how much you are earning so if you start working this week, £307 for a weeks work at minimum wage, is hardly like you are earning over £1000 a month (yet, not till you get your first full months work put into it from next week)
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Evelyn34)
I don't think they will stop it to be honest. I mean if you got a new job, the chances are if you start THIS WEEK, you would only get about 5 days (1 weeks) worth of pay for this month (Feb) Assuming that you start work this week, because payday for most employers are the last working day of the month (for this month, Feb, it is Friday 28 Feb and the cut off point for that months pay is the week before payday - the end of this week for this months pay) so even if you worked this week (lets say you start tomorrow, Wednesday 19 Feb, you are likely to work the next 5 days meaning you had you "2 days off work", for yesterday (Monday) and today (Tuesday), assuming you are working full time 5 days a week that is and even at minimun wage of £8.21 at full time hours of 37.5 hrs a week is a little over £307 when you get paid next week. So based on that IU doubt it.

So to bring to my important questions. When do you start your new job? Also it is worth asking your work coach. My besdt bet is, do you still have access to your universal credit account. If so log into it and leave a message asking about it. But my honest gut instinct is, they will still pay you because I hardly think they will cancel it and expect you to live on nothing,for the next month until payday do they? I think there is a threshold on how much you can get claimed depending on how much you are earning so if you start working this week, £307 for a weeks work at minimum wage, is hardly like you are earning over £1000 a month (yet, not till you get your first full months work put into it from next week)
I start next week.

On my payments section, it says I'll get paid any money I'm entitled too and and this from the before dates. However it did say on that specific date in a few days time I'll get paid any money I'm entitled too and it is also a full month's universal credit pay which is assessed before I got the job.
Anonymous #1
The dates that were assessed was from mid jan to mid feb and that is what they'll pay me on.

So I hope even though I've cancelled it I'll get paid.
Evelyn34
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Well if you start next week you wont get paid till the end of March. (Did you ask your new employer if they pay monthly?) If yes then you will definitely get paid in a few days to be honest. Because theres no way you will get paid from your employer this month (Feb) at all (payday is next week). Unless you are working for an agency than you get paid weekly.
Anonymous #1
Thank you.

It also said I'll get paid any money I'm entitled too and it is assessed between mid January to mid February well before the date I cancelled.

If they say I'll get paid any money I'm entitled too I'm sure it will be paid.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (21)
80.77%
No (3)
11.54%
Not sure (2)
7.69%

Watched Threads