Will I be able to request a course change?

Watch
inneedofhelp02
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I received an offer today that said I have a conditional offer for Paramedic Science from University of Hertfordshire starting in September 2020. However, I have realised that I'd much prefer to do diagnostic imaging and it's far too late to change my course using UCAS. Will I be able to request a course change either before or during my first year?
stepheds
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You can ask the university for advice but I highly suspect you’d be unable to change courses.
They may say they will assess your application for diagnostic imaging, but you would then have to re-interview for that instead.
Phone the admissions team and ask them?
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by inneedofhelp02)
I received an offer today that said I have a conditional offer for Paramedic Science from University of Hertfordshire starting in September 2020. However, I have realised that I'd much prefer to do diagnostic imaging and it's far too late to change my course using UCAS. Will I be able to request a course change either before or during my first year?
If you don't want to do paramedic science, why would you waste a year doing it and then change?

If you want to do the imaging course, then I suggest you contact UH pronto and find out if you can be accepted onto that course instead. Paramedic science is competitive, so I would have thought you stand a good chance of being allowed to transfer.
stepheds
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Reality Check)
If you don't want to do paramedic science, why would you waste a year doing it and then change?

If you want to do the imaging course, then I suggest you contact UH pronto and find out if you can be accepted onto that course instead. Paramedic science is competitive, so I would have thought you stand a good chance of being allowed to transfer.
Radiography is just as competitive. I’ve just received an offer (not at UH) and there were only 60 places for over 650 applicants.
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by stepheds)
Radiography is just as competitive. I’ve just received an offer (not at UH) and there were only 60 places for over 650 applicants.
At least you know you're almost guaranteed a job out of it.
UCAS_Expert
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by inneedofhelp02)
The University is able to, if they want to, change the course code on your application. So best bet is to contact them and ask if they'd be willing to switch your offer over.

Worst they can say is no!
inneedofhelp02
Rep:
?
(Original post by stepheds)
You can ask the university for advice but I highly suspect you’d be unable to change courses.
They may say they will assess your application for diagnostic imaging, but you would then have to re-interview for that instead.
Phone the admissions team and ask them?
I have an offer holder day coming up very soon, so I will ask the admissions team and other staff involved in the process then. Thank you for the realistic response (I know that sounds sarcastic, but I promise its not).
inneedofhelp02
Rep:
?
(Original post by Reality Check)

Its not that I do not want to do paramedic science, I really enjoy the course and the career, it's that I have recently discovered that I prefer diagnostic imaging to paramedic science.

I must have caused some confusion with my explanation. I am still doing my A levels, so I have not started the course yet.
inneedofhelp02
Rep:
?
(Original post by UCAS_Expert)
The University is able to, if they want to, change the course code on your application. So best bet is to contact them and ask if they'd be willing to switch your offer over.

Worst they can say is no!
That is very true. Thank you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (22)
70.97%
No (4)
12.9%
Not sure (5)
16.13%

Watched Threads