Clearing: after firmed unconditional offer

Watch
JamalH
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I was just wondering if I were too have already accepted and firmed an unconditional offer from a university, meaning that I am basically into that university and it’s course, would there be any possible way for me too change my mind and go through clearing with the grades I receive from my a-level exams.
ecolier
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by JamalH)
I was just wondering if I were too have already accepted and firmed an unconditional offer from a university, meaning that I am basically into that university and it’s course, would there be any possible way for me too change my mind and go through clearing with the grades I receive from my a-level exams.
Yes, read this: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6018164
Frafiglio
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If you contact the uni and ask them to reject you, you'll enter Clearing (seeing as you have no insurance.) However, do this before August 10th, because after that it means they'll have to do it on results day and frankly, student that doesn't want to go there is of less importance than student who does.

You might have to take a gap year, though. Clearing is only for places not already filled, and the place you want might not be there.

Anyway, I think you can!
swanseajack1
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Frafiglio)
If you contact the uni and ask them to reject you, you'll enter Clearing (seeing as you have no insurance.) However, do this before August 10th, because after that it means they'll have to do it on results day and frankly, student that doesn't want to go there is of less importance than student who does.

You might have to take a gap year, though. Clearing is only for places not already filled, and the place you want might not be there.

Anyway, I think you can!
This is wrong information. See the link on the previous post. You can now self release into clearing. This commenced last year.
UCAS_Expert
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Frafiglio)

Anyway, I think you can!
Before you release yourself into Clearing and give up your Firm offer, please confirm that a University is willing to offer you a place through Clearing on the course you want.

And as you appear to have been offered an Unconditional offer despite not having completed your A Levels yet (ridiculous!) you cannot use Clearing until you have all your grades in place unless someone is willing to offer you another Unconditional Offer despite still waiting for results.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (283)
15.25%
Uncertainty around my education (291)
15.68%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (184)
9.91%
Isolating with family (131)
7.06%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (86)
4.63%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (154)
8.3%
Loneliness (185)
9.97%
Financial worries (77)
4.15%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (171)
9.21%
Exposure to negative news/social media (132)
7.11%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (162)
8.73%

Watched Threads