Ahnaf17
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So basically I applied to two modelling agencies and it appears that they replied and I even spoke to the person who sent me a mail over the phone .He asked a few questions about me and now he requires to speak to my parents.But the problem here is that I can’t find any website related to the name ‘Polo models’(that’s where the email came from).How do I make sure if it’s a scam or not?
Anonnorth
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If they are asking for any money from you to have pics taken then it's a scam
Ahnaf17
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Name:  DB46E249-3C62-4F06-BAEB-B2D4AC60A14A.jpeg
Views: 12
Size:  123.3 KBI attached an ss of the payment part from the invitation mail.Would you kindly have a look at it and tell me if whether it’s a scam or not?
Lupines_
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
if you cant find it online i wouldn’t trust it
Anonnorth
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Ahnaf17)
Name:  DB46E249-3C62-4F06-BAEB-B2D4AC60A14A.jpeg
Views: 12
Size:  123.3 KBI attached an ss of the payment part from the invitation mail.Would you kindly have a look at it and tell me if whether it’s a scam or not?
Definitely looks like a scam, a legitimate agency would never ask for money from you they make their money by taking a cut from the model jobs they get their client not from asking their clients for money.
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Ahnaf17)
So basically I applied to two modelling agencies and it appears that they replied and I even spoke to the person who sent me a mail over the phone .He asked a few questions about me and now he requires to speak to my parents.But the problem here is that I can’t find any website related to the name ‘Polo models’(that’s where the email came from).How do I make sure if it’s a scam or not?
Look them up on the Companies House website. Legit organisations will have an address, names of directors and the date formed.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think non-essential uni exams should be cancelled?

Yes, they should be cancelled altogether (214)
52.45%
No, they should still go ahead (57)
13.97%
They should be cancelled for everyone but final year (137)
33.58%

Watched Threads