becky_w18
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I'm going to be studying vet nursing at bristol in september and i know that obviously there is a 10 week placement period in the uni break in first and second year. I would really really like to get in touch with a current vet nurse student at bristol specifically pleasee! But if anyone else would be able to help - I'm wondering if I could complete some of this placement in the christmas or easter break potentially? I am a guide leader and my unit are planning a trip to Belgium at the end of August 2021 so trying to fit all my placement hours in before this would be quite tight. Sorry very very rambly question but just wanting to know if anyone thinks that this is possible?
CC!
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi! I'm also doing Vet Nursing (with animal behaviour) at Bristol in september. Is that your choice also? I was a bit confused with the placement as one person at the offer day told me you do it during the summer holiday then another told my mom and dad that it's during Christmas and easter so I have no idea haha. Maybe try ring them and ask? Intrigued also though!
weeemma
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by CC!)
Hi! I'm also doing Vet Nursing (with animal behaviour) at Bristol in september. Is that your choice also? I was a bit confused with the placement as one person at the offer day told me you do it during the summer holiday then another told my mom and dad that it's during Christmas and easter so I have no idea haha. Maybe try ring them and ask? Intrigued also though!
Hi Candice

All placements are usually done during term time and not while you on holidays as you get those off okay, if anyone unsure they should consider contacting the appropriate university they going to and in your case Bristol, what you should be doing is perhaps find something yourselves if you wish to while on any holidays for more experience ok , hope this helps xx
Last edited by weeemma; 1 month ago
becky_w18
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by CC!)
Hey yes I'm doing CAB too! And I think we may have actually been in the same group at the offer holder day (Beckford????) I think that I'm going to ring them and I'll let you know if I manage to find out x
CC!
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by becky_w18)
Hey yes I'm doing CAB too! And I think we may have actually been in the same group at the offer holder day (Beckford????) I think that I'm going to ring them and I'll let you know if I manage to find out x
Hahaha yeah I think we were! I'm terrible with names, so totally didn't recognise you, sorry about that😂Awkward moment😂 I messaged them on Facebook and they replied earlier telling me to contact the vet school. I have emailed them but think ringing would probably be quicker! Have you got the number? If you haven't they sent me this one; +44(0)117 4282744
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (21)
72.41%
No (4)
13.79%
Not sure (4)
13.79%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed