Jovid
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I am applying for Politics & IR at Kent and may do Law & Politics, however, I require BCC To get into Politics, if I outdo myself and want to go to somewhere like Liverpool or Birmingham who requires A 4 in GCSE Maths (Which I don't have) will this hinder me severely in Clearing and get me rejected?
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Jovid)
I am applying for Politics & IR at Kent and may do Law & Politics, however, I require BCC To get into Politics, if I outdo myself and want to go to somewhere like Liverpool or Birmingham who requires A 4 in GCSE Maths (Which I don't have) will this hinder me severely in Clearing and get me rejected?
Most unis require Maths and English GCSE. If you failed originally you should have been resitting it until you pass or become 18.
Ifd you still dont have it, then you need to check the unis min entrance requirements and if they likely require Maths then yes it will hinder you because you cant make the offer. Its all a bit last minute this and should have been sorted out in year 12. If you cant pass maths as an alternative some might accept functional skills maths 2.
artful_lounger
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
GCSE subject grade requirements are things which universities tend to be fairly inflexible on. As above your best bet is to resit the GCSE Maths.
swanseajack1
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Most universities require Maths GCSE grade 4 at least. I would accept Kent's offer. It is a good universities. I know someone who posted on here a couple of years ago got offers from Kings and Exeter as well as Kent for History, The problem you have is that GCSE results come out a week after the A level results and many of the better clearing or adjustment places will have already been filled by then.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (188)
59.87%
No (69)
21.97%
Not sure (57)
18.15%

Watched Threads