The Student Room Group

What is a good age to settle down as a woman

Like as a woman what age would you say is a good age to settle down with a guy and have children.
Also, would you say 25 is young, old or average
I would say 50 years ago I would say 25 you should already be pregnant (after marrying of course!). These days 25 seems very young... Many are still in university. For that reason I would say the whole 'get a life together with a man' age for most women is late 20s - early 30s.
That very much depends on the hand you're dealt and your goals.

For example, when I was younger I thought 25ish was a good age. In reality at 25 I came out of a long-term relationship, tossed aside my starving artist lifestyle/freelance career, and started a second degree in a more employable field.
I'll be 28 in three months. I entered my current relationship in the latter half of last year, I'm on a sandwich year placement, I won't graduate until June 2021 (age 29) and want to try and secure a job straight out of uni. So obviously children before 30 would be unrealistic and not ideal!

Do things at the right pace for you and your partner and don't worry too much about numbers while you're still young.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending