English Literature and French, CIE or OTHERS?

Watch
Han Sun
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
hi everyone, I'm self-teaching English literature and French, and I wonder whether should I choose CIE, Edexcel, AQA or other exam formats. Can anyone please share their experience? Thanks so much!!
P.S. I'm also taking math, history, psychology, and economics in school, all for CIE. Would it be better if all my grades are from the CIE exam?
Last edited by Han Sun; 1 month ago
redmeercat
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If you're self-teaching, it's better to go for the most popular boards where are the most resources - so AQA or Edexcel. I should warn you, though, 3 A levels is quite enough and you will likely struggle to get through 6, especially with Eng Lit and French as your self-taught subjects, as so much is about exam technique and so little about actual content. I study English lit, French and History, and it is a lot of work even with 3.
Han Sun
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by redmeercat)
If you're self-teaching, it's better to go for the most popular boards where are the most resources - so AQA or Edexcel. I should warn you, though, 3 A levels is quite enough and you will likely struggle to get through 6, especially with Eng Lit and French as your self-taught subjects, as so much is about exam technique and so little about actual content. I study English lit, French and History, and it is a lot of work even with 3.
Thanks you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (144)
30.13%
No (334)
69.87%

Watched Threads