The Student Room Group

English Literature and French, CIE or OTHERS?

hi everyone, I'm self-teaching English literature and French, and I wonder whether should I choose CIE, Edexcel, AQA or other exam formats. Can anyone please share their experience? Thanks so much!!
P.S. I'm also taking math, history, psychology, and economics in school, all for CIE. Would it be better if all my grades are from the CIE exam?
(edited 4 years ago)
If you're self-teaching, it's better to go for the most popular boards where are the most resources - so AQA or Edexcel. I should warn you, though, 3 A levels is quite enough and you will likely struggle to get through 6, especially with Eng Lit and French as your self-taught subjects, as so much is about exam technique and so little about actual content. I study English lit, French and History, and it is a lot of work even with 3.
Reply 2
Original post by redmeercat
If you're self-teaching, it's better to go for the most popular boards where are the most resources - so AQA or Edexcel. I should warn you, though, 3 A levels is quite enough and you will likely struggle to get through 6, especially with Eng Lit and French as your self-taught subjects, as so much is about exam technique and so little about actual content. I study English lit, French and History, and it is a lot of work even with 3.

Thanks you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest