SS:)
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
For the french speaking exam can you choose the unit they test you on ?
redmeercat
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It depends a bit, but usually you can choose the general topic you want for one of the sections, but you can't control the other 2.
wilhelminabeann
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
im not too sure how it works for other exam boards, but here's how it works for AQA:

there are three parts to the speaking exam:
roleplay- 2 mins (can be any theme)
photo card- 3 mins(can be any any theme)
general conversation- 5-7 mins (a theme that you have chosen and another theme, which is not the one from the photocard)

for example:
if the chosen theme is theme 1...
roleplay: any theme theme
photo card: theme 2
general conversation: theme 1 (chosen) and theme 3

either way, you have to cover all themes

hope this helps!
Rep:
?
(Original post by wilhelminabeann)
im not too sure how it works for other exam boards, but here's how it works for AQA:

there are three parts to the speaking exam:
roleplay- 2 mins (can be any theme)
photo card- 3 mins(can be any any theme)
general conversation- 5-7 mins (a theme that you have chosen and another theme, which is not the one from the photocard)

for example:
if the chosen theme is theme 1...
roleplay: any theme theme
photo card: theme 2
general conversation: theme 1 (chosen) and theme 3

either way, you have to cover all themes

hope this helps!
Yh I'm doing aqa, was hoping i could get out of learning all the themes but i guess i have to but thanks this rly helped
Rep:
?
(Original post by redmeercat)
It depends a bit, but usually you can choose the general topic you want for one of the sections, but you can't control the other 2.
welp, i guess i acc have to do flashcards for every topic then
redmeercat
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by SS:))
It'll be ok - you can learn the same structures to use for each and just insert the right keywords into each, depending on the question, of course.
wilhelminabeann
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by SS:))
i know it's a bit tough, but i found it was a good idea to make a list of topics where answers could overlap to other topics. i've attached the list i made.
Name:  Document 3.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  186.4 KBName:  Document 4.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  205.2 KB

also, here's some speaking advice i wrote on another thread that you might find useful:
"When revising I would recommend learning your vocab (or at least associating the words you do know) in little strings of words, and writing many strings under each question that they could possibly ask you.

For example:
If a question could be "Comment pouvez-vous aider l'environnement?"
Then some example strings could be:
le jardin-cultiver-la fleur (par exemple: la lavande)-les abeilles
le sac en plastique-la plage-la meduse-la tortue marine
l'électricité-éteindre-la lumière-éconimiser-les combustibles fossiles

Then I'd use these words create a comprehensive sentence, either when revising, or during the exam. However, if you practise creating sentences too often, then it will seem too prepared and stiff, in response.

Vocab and speedy conjugation is the best way to go with spontaneity.

Hope this helps!"

if you need anymore help during your revision feel free to pop me a message or @ me.
rxx25
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
hi also need some help Im going to be giving my french cie igcse speaking in a few weeks and i need some help with my topic presentation to raise my score up . I scored 12/15 for communication and 10/15 for language in my mocks so i rewrote the essay and hope someone could give some feedback and a rough idea of score for language. ( ignore the accents for now cause i typed it)

A mon avis, etre en sante est tres essentiel pour une contente et longue vie. Donc J’essaie vraiment de rester en forme et mange les repas équilibré mais souvent il n’est pas possible.

Premiere, je crois que nous devrait mangeons plus des legumes et cereales comme ce sont tres bénéfique pour nos. En outre nous faut que éviter les malbouffe tel que du coca ou le pizza. Cependant, selon moi, dans le quantities petite la malbouffe est n’est pas dangereux. Pourtant , si vous prenez trop de malbouffe surtout le cola , il ya risque élevé des maladies pour l’avenir.

D'après moi ,puis faire d’exercice est très importante pour le bon sante. Je fais souvent de l’exercice à l'école par jouer pour l'équipe de basket .L'année dernière je jouais pour l'équipe de basket et athlétisme mais c'était très fatigant!. Alors , j’ai parti d'équipe athlétisme et je pense que c'est a ete un bon idee. J’avais apprene l'importance se détendre car elle aidait moi par réduire le stress et rester l'esprit
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (184)
43.6%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (49)
11.61%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (33)
7.82%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (89)
21.09%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (42)
9.95%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (25)
5.92%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise