The Student Room Group

Gcse 2019 english lit paper 2

Would really appreciate it if someone could tell me what power and conflict poem came up in the Lit paper 2 last year and what I should learn for An Inspector Calls. Thanks x
Learn key themes over characters, they usually give you two questions in An Inspector Calls. One is "How does Priestley present Sheila/Other Characters in the play?' and another one is "How is social class/or another theme presented in the play?" It's easier to do themes because you can talk about all the characters as rather to just the one character, which allows you to gain more marks. I'd say do a mindmap with each key theme and link quotes to that theme rather than trying to write an essay as revision. If you're a visual learner, maybe try watching the Inspector Calls movie as well to help you visualise it. Make sure you practice your thesis statement as well.
Original post by AiidanSY
Learn key themes over characters, they usually give you two questions in An Inspector Calls. One is "How does Priestley present Sheila/Other Characters in the play?' and another one is "How is social class/or another theme presented in the play?" It's easier to do themes because you can talk about all the characters as rather to just the one character, which allows you to gain more marks. I'd say do a mindmap with each key theme and link quotes to that theme rather than trying to write an essay as revision. If you're a visual learner, maybe try watching the Inspector Calls movie as well to help you visualise it. Make sure you practice your thesis statement as well.

I've basically been learning quotes for characters and I know them pretty well. Will that be enough for my mock? The mocks next Monday and it's the 2 hr 15 minute Lit paper 2.
War photographer came up
Original post by Himynameisdaisy
War photographer came up

OMG thanks. So what other poems should I try learn to link this with? I honestly have no clue when it comes to poems.
Original post by noortahir_Yr10
OMG thanks. So what other poems should I try learn to link this with? I honestly have no clue when it comes to poems.

I would recommended pairing it with remains, it’s probably the easiest

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending