The Student Room Group

7s/8s/9s

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TimotheeLaurie
thank you for your story! Do you think it is possible get such grades in 2-3 months?

Yes! Don't bother aim for 9s as unis don't care and see them as the same as 8s. You have ~100 days till your tests and by studying diligently there is no reason you won't get good/excellent grades.

If you ever get stuck on a question, SKIP IT and come back later. I had a question in my maths test I didn't understand, skipped it and had 20 mins to do it at the end.
tbh, im really petrified cos the sixth forms accepted my offer but they said that since i got a 5 in maths, im unable to do a level bio and chem. However, they said i can still do it if i get the required grades in my gcses... do yall think theres a chance? IM SO SCARED

You can do it! Get a hold of as many past exam Qs as you can and go through them.
Original post by Doctor Z
You can do it! Get a hold of as many past exam Qs as you can and go through them.

Thank you so much for the encouraging words z :smile:
7s, 8s and 9s students, when did you start revising and how did you overcome the fear of failure?

It's less about when you start revising, and more about having understood the material, IMO.
Original post by RogerOxon
It's less about when you start revising, and more about having understood the material, IMO.

Ah I see
6s and 7s then 8/9 in the real thing
Original post by Computerslife
6s and 7s then 8/9 in the real thing

i think you're a naturally smart person :smile:
thank you for your story! Do you think it is possible get such grades in 2-3 months?

It depends on your current grades... If you're getting 6s then almost definitely, if you're getting 4s and 5s then probably - I think 7s and 8s at the very least are achievable (and one of my friends got a 3 in her mocks and a 9 in June), if you're getting 3s and below it might be trickier but it's still possible if you put your mind to it.

2-3 months is still plenty of time, so don't worry too much, and good luck! :smile:
Original post by awanderingpixel
It depends on your current grades... If you're getting 6s then almost definitely, if you're getting 4s and 5s then probably - I think 7s and 8s at the very least are achievable (and one of my friends got a 3 in her mocks and a 9 in June), if you're getting 3s and below it might be trickier but it's still possible if you put your mind to it.

2-3 months is still plenty of time, so don't worry too much, and good luck! :smile:

my current grades are 5s and 6s, any chance? what subject did she get a 3 in and ended up with a 9?
Original post by Computerslife
literally just read the revision guide, watched a few mr bruff videos for english, few practise questions from pmt
Like idk how but i didnt do anything really

what grades were u getting before that?

Quick Reply

Latest