The Student Room Group

Why is it so hard to find a job these days?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Anonymous370
yep, u ?

Yh.Spent most of my life there.
Is it that hard ?
Original post by caraleemm
Is it that hard ?

It can very critically rely on who you know, wether you’re in a tight-knit community where you know any possible employers.
Original post by Anonymous370
Absolutely !!! Nobody wants to train even a little, it's all about who has most experience will get in no matter how stupid they are or if they lack people skills in reality etc. In all honesty, I appreciate we're not meant to lie about experience in interviewing etc, but I honestly see no other way of getting in,.

The only way I see is either to provide examples of your work if you're an engineer, technician or something alike, or have connections.
I couldn't get any job for years, and at some point I started getting offers from people who knew me more or less and knew I can do certain things or have the right attitude, in the latter option meaning they knew I would be either screwing up or working very slowly during the first days or weeks, but after that become efficient and loyal.
If you from the uk then please tell me how.
Original post by username4882260
I hear from people it’s so hard to find jobs these days? Why?

After Covid less jobs are available
Original post by username607202
And every job requires a degree. The point you are grasping at is redundant.

FYI actually there are a lot of jobs that don't require degrees.
Also, I know a lot of people who have worked their way up from the bottom, job wise. They do not have degrees.

That's part of the problem nowadays. People seem to think that you NEED a degree for everything.
People also seem to think that a degree guarantees them a job. It doesn't. That's why there seems to be quite a few people who finish uni and don't have a job.
COVID surely?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending