Unhappy with my body, unable to focus on anything else...

Watch
Sheffield13
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi. I've recently started hating my body, it's really dragging my mental health down. My weight has always fluctuated from being a small child, my dad nicknamed me 'big legs' for the first 12 years of my life. Once I started secondary school I lost a substantial amount of weight, that was probably the healthiest I had ever been. I felt so good in myself being much smaller, so decided to unhealthily start starving myself to become the smallest I could. My parents caught on to what I was doing and helped me through it to get me back up to a normal weight. Long story short, after a few years I recently found myself overeating junk food like I did when I was a child. It's so hard to find balance, yet I'm motivated that I can be a healthy weight. Could someone please help me find a sustainable way of losing this weight I put on and any tips that will stop me from fall back into those unhealthy eating patterns?
Thank you
Cai22
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
just keep trying plans for dieting and exercise that suits you and you feel comfortable with!
Zain_Ahmed
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Exercise...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (145)
15.85%
Uncertainty around my education (149)
16.28%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (87)
9.51%
Isolating with family (63)
6.89%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (33)
3.61%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (80)
8.74%
Loneliness (93)
10.16%
Financial worries (38)
4.15%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (82)
8.96%
Exposure to negative news/social media (62)
6.78%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (83)
9.07%

Watched Threads