Is meeting another guy cheating?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
If in a relationship, is it considered cheating if you simply go meet another guy (who is romantically interested in you)?
peanutbuttalife
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
yes
Anonymous #1
bump
Anonymous #2
Report 9 months ago
Meeting them as in a date then yes of course it is cheating on your bf
MrMusician95
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
What are your intentions? Especially as you know he's romantically interested in you.
username4952880
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
If in a relationship, is it considered cheating if you simply go meet another guy (who is romantically interested in you)?
No. I do not consider it as cheating.
TheMadNerd93
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Meeting a guy for the sole sake of meeting isn't enough to evidence cheating. Can you elaborate on the reason you want to meet him?

I can nonetheless advise you to maintain good boundaries during communicating with that guy, provided you know his interests.
Appirition
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
If you're meeting up as just friends and you make it clear that you're already in a relationship, and therefore not interested in anything more than just friends with the guy you're meeting, then no it's not cheating because females can have male friends.
But if you're meeting this guy and open to being more than just friends then yes it is cheating unless your current bf knows and has said he's ok with it.
Appirition
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
An easy way to tell if it's cheating is to think what your current bf (or gf) would say if you told them you're thinking of meeting up with this guy.
Anonymous #3
Report 9 months ago
Think about whether you would consider this cheating if your bf met a girl who was romantically interested in him
How comfortable would u be with it
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Talking to and meeting up with anyone is fine.

Are you meeting up with the guy to chat as friends?
Or to specifically to help you decide whether the grass would be greener if you dumped current bf and went out with him.
If the latter, you are probably dating the wrong guy or in the wrong type of relationship.
Anonymous #1
Think about whether you would consider this cheating if your bf met a girl who was romantically interested in him
How comfortable would u be with it
Id murder him
MrMusician95
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Id murder him
Lmao. So you'd hate your boyfriend doing this but are fine to do the same?
username4952880
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Id murder him
why? He can go out with girls. You do go out with guys. So I cannot understand what is your issue tbh.
Appirition
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Id murder him
So you've basically answered your own question
username4952620
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
youre allowed to have friends yano
Lilli22
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
It's only cheating if you are involved together, e.g flirting, touching, kissing. If you're just two people meeting up, then no.
username5027880
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
If there is romantic interest, then I would say definitely yes.
angelike1
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by MrMusician95)
Lmao. So you'd hate your boyfriend doing this but are fine to do the same?
what a hoe amiright?
Spanx
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Let's just meet and find out if you'd cheat on him. Oh wait then meeting would be cheating, unless we go for dinner and you're on a diet then eating is cheating or if I ask you general knowledge questions and you google the answers under the table on your phone because that's definitely cheating.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (544)
33.87%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (662)
41.22%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (327)
20.36%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (73)
4.55%

Watched Threads