The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

yes
Reply 2
bump
Meeting them as in a date then yes of course it is cheating on your bf
What are your intentions? Especially as you know he's romantically interested in you.
Original post by Anonymous
If in a relationship, is it considered cheating if you simply go meet another guy (who is romantically interested in you)?

No. I do not consider it as cheating.
If in a relationship, is it considered cheating if you simply go meet another guy (who is romantically interested in you)?

Meeting a guy for the sole sake of meeting isn't enough to evidence cheating. Can you elaborate on the reason you want to meet him?

I can nonetheless advise you to maintain good boundaries during communicating with that guy, provided you know his interests.
If you're meeting up as just friends and you make it clear that you're already in a relationship, and therefore not interested in anything more than just friends with the guy you're meeting, then no it's not cheating because females can have male friends.
But if you're meeting this guy and open to being more than just friends then yes it is cheating unless your current bf knows and has said he's ok with it.
An easy way to tell if it's cheating is to think what your current bf (or gf) would say if you told them you're thinking of meeting up with this guy.
Think about whether you would consider this cheating if your bf met a girl who was romantically interested in him
How comfortable would u be with it
Talking to and meeting up with anyone is fine.

Are you meeting up with the guy to chat as friends?
Or to specifically to help you decide whether the grass would be greener if you dumped current bf and went out with him.
If the latter, you are probably dating the wrong guy or in the wrong type of relationship.
Think about whether you would consider this cheating if your bf met a girl who was romantically interested in him
How comfortable would u be with it

Id murder him
Id murder him

Lmao. So you'd hate your boyfriend doing this but are fine to do the same?
Id murder him

why? He can go out with girls. You do go out with guys. So I cannot understand what is your issue tbh.
Id murder him

So you've basically answered your own question
youre allowed to have friends yano
It's only cheating if you are involved together, e.g flirting, touching, kissing. If you're just two people meeting up, then no.
If there is romantic interest, then I would say definitely yes.
Original post by MrMusician95
Lmao. So you'd hate your boyfriend doing this but are fine to do the same?

what a hoe amiright?
Reply 19
Let's just meet and find out if you'd cheat on him. Oh wait then meeting would be cheating, unless we go for dinner and you're on a diet then eating is cheating or if I ask you general knowledge questions and you google the answers under the table on your phone because that's definitely cheating.

Latest

Trending

Trending