The Student Room Group

is a 16 year old and 18 year old online dating wrong?

im possibly going to start dating a 17 turning 18 year old and im scared of what people might think

online dating with a very far distance between us with plans of meeting 2021..
Age doesn't really matter 1 or 2 years isn't even big deal. People won't care and you shouldn't too.
My current boyfriend (19) and I, met online and are, for now, in a long-distance relationship. When we met he was 17 turning 18, and I was 15, living on the other side of the world. We've met three times, for three weeks total.

Some people don't see it as a relationship, others are happy for us. I think it depends from person to person what is right. If the age gap is too big or if the long-distance relationship is even sustainable. I would say that this relationship is for you both to benefit from and it doesn't matter what others think. I also met my boyfriend in a public place with a parent, I suggest you do the same thing. Beside that I just wish you guys the best. <3
There's nothing wrong with it at all! I used to date someone 3 years below me, lived several miles apart and we loved each other a ton.
Just make sure that they don't try to make you do things you don't want to do, stay safe.
(edited 4 years ago)
No I dont see the age gap as being a problem, after all said and done it's only 2, years.
Anyway don't worry what other people think, it's what you two think that is most important here.
I'd worry more about what the relationship is like rather than the age gap (which is basically nonexistent in my opinion)...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending