Murrinn123
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Hi. My firm university choice is Medicine at the University of Glasgow and my insurance choice is Medicine at the University of Birmingham. My fee status is EU for Glasgow, so I am eligible for lower tuition fees (£1820) and Home for Birmingham (normal tuition fees of £9250). This is my first time applying for student finance. I normally reside in England.

I am unsure whether I need to submit an application for both SAAS and Student Finance England or just one. I am also unsure whether or not I will receive maintenance loans from SAAS.

Thank you for your help in advance.
Erin SFE
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Murrinn123)
Hi. My firm university choice is Medicine at the University of Glasgow and my insurance choice is Medicine at the University of Birmingham. My fee status is EU for Glasgow, so I am eligible for lower tuition fees (£1820) and Home for Birmingham (normal tuition fees of £9250). This is my first time applying for student finance. I normally reside in England.

I am unsure whether I need to submit an application for both SAAS and Student Finance England or just one. I am also unsure whether or not I will receive maintenance loans from SAAS.

Thank you for your help in advance.
Good Morning.

You can only have one application either for Student Finance England or for SAAS.

If your first choice is University of Glasgow then I would advise speaking with SAAS directly regarding the funding and application.

How long have you been in the UK?

Warm Regards,

Erin.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (195)
14.39%
I'm not sure (61)
4.5%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (393)
29%
I have already dropped out (37)
2.73%
I'm not a current university student (669)
49.37%

Watched Threads