Date pushed back twice

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Been chatting with this girl for nearly a month back and forth every day, seems to be going really well, we get on well and on the 1st date we seemed to click and there was little awkwardness, just for further context I guess, I’m 21 and she’s 18, so a couple days after the 1st date i arranged a 2nd date and the morning of said date, I messaged just sorta checking everything was still find for tonight and she said “she had made plans to go the the cinema she forgot about, could be do it another night, sorry” which I was fine with, she had posted on her snapchat story and she was at the cinema so knew it wasn’t a lie, I left it a couple more days (still talking back and forth throughout the days) and asked if she was free tomorrow night, to which she said “no unfortunately 😓” said she has an appointment she needs to go to, again Said she was sorry, perhaps stupidly on my behalf I do feel a connection with her so I want to I guess get on unbiased opinion on what I should do next, had people so I should go quiet and not say anything and see if she makes the initiative, or should I try rearrange another day, or would that come across to pushy, if so how would you word it cause honestly I’m terrible at texting 😅 thanks
Bexjw
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Been chatting with this girl for nearly a month back and forth every day, seems to be going really well, we get on well and on the 1st date we seemed to click and there was little awkwardness, just for further context I guess, I’m 21 and she’s 18, so a couple days after the 1st date i arranged a 2nd date and the morning of said date, I messaged just sorta checking everything was still find for tonight and she said “she had made plans to go the the cinema she forgot about, could be do it another night, sorry” which I was fine with, she had posted on her snapchat story and she was at the cinema so knew it wasn’t a lie, I left it a couple more days (still talking back and forth throughout the days) and asked if she was free tomorrow night, to which she said “no unfortunately 😓” said she has an appointment she needs to go to, again Said she was sorry, perhaps stupidly on my behalf I do feel a connection with her so I want to I guess get on unbiased opinion on what I should do next, had people so I should go quiet and not say anything and see if she makes the initiative, or should I try rearrange another day, or would that come across to pushy, if so how would you word it cause honestly I’m terrible at texting 😅 thanks
I would ask her out once more, make a joke of it “third time lucky!” or something. She could genuinely have had reasons for the other two however if she was to cancel a third time, I’d take the hint and cut your losses there. If she’s still talking to you then it’s a good sign (usually).
Anonymous #1
Thanks, I should add in fairness that the 2nd time it wasn’t officially arranged, I suggested a day to which she said unfortunately she wasn’t free, I debated suggesting another day instead but didn’t want to come actors to pushy if you get what I mean, but yeah I’ll take your advice and hopefully ends well, thanks again
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Bexjw)
I would ask her out once more, make a joke of it “third time lucky!” or something. She could genuinely have had reasons for the other two however if she was to cancel a third time, I’d take the hint and cut your losses there. If she’s still talking to you then it’s a good sign (usually).
Thanks, I should add in fairness that the 2nd time it wasn’t officially arranged, I suggested a day to which she said unfortunately she wasn’t free, I debated suggesting another day instead but didn’t want to come actors to pushy if you get what I mean, but yeah I’ll take your advice and hopefully ends well, thanks again
Joel 96
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Dude dude dude...

Do NOT ask again. You've already tried twice. If she is as interested in you as you are in her, then she will make the effort to make amends. If you ask again then it will come off as desperate. Let her initiate everything at this point.
sinfonietta
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'd say it was only pushed back once. She already had plans when you tried to rearrange it and you shouldn't hold that against her.

Ask her when she's free. That gives her the freedom to pick a day that suits her schedule. If she says "I'm not sure" instead of committing then that is when you should let go.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (145)
15.81%
Uncertainty around my education (151)
16.47%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (87)
9.49%
Isolating with family (63)
6.87%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (33)
3.6%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (80)
8.72%
Loneliness (93)
10.14%
Financial worries (38)
4.14%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (82)
8.94%
Exposure to negative news/social media (62)
6.76%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (83)
9.05%

Watched Threads