Is there any benefit to firming and insuring your choices now?

Watch
Christiantaylor
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Is there any benefit to doing it now?
hrusse2
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
yes! a lot of unis will open accommodation applications around this time so you can apply and are more likely to get the accommodation that you would like. It also lowers the risk of you accidentally not doing it!
Christiantaylor
Rep:
?
(Original post by hrusse2)
yes! a lot of unis will open accommodation applications around this time so you can apply and are more likely to get the accommodation that you would like. It also lowers the risk of you accidentally not doing it!
okay, i thought it was they allocate it after results tbh. I'm pretty sure ucas reminds you so even if you were forgetting (a bit silly tho lol) then you'd get emails
Muttley79
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Christiantaylor)
Is there any benefit to doing it now?
NO - please don't until you are absolutely sure - it's very difficult to change. We get people on here every year who wish they had waited.
Christiantaylor
Rep:
?
(Original post by Muttley79)
NO - please don't until you are absolutely sure - it's very difficult to change. We get people on here every year who wish they had waited.
Yeah but I already know for sure, like I know. hehe sounding way too serious there
hrusse2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yes! this is very valid. Be sure that you are happy with your choice before you firm!!!!!!!
Muttley79
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yeah but I already know for sure, like I know. hehe sounding way too serious there
So you've been to post offer days?
hrusse2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I understand this completely! I firmed mine in October because I knew!! I was certain about what I wanted so I firmed them.
Christiantaylor
Rep:
?
I've created an argument that I didn't wanna create at all lol. All I was saying is, are there any benefits to doing it at this time. Like I knew which uni i was gonna firm anyway, hence I was gonna do it. Now you've made me feel nervous bout this, when I don't need to.
Muttley79
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Guys pretty much know, so yeah

no, but im going to and I also know the place well. like idk i dont wanna have a pointless argument lol
Why post then if you did not want people's opinions?!
clueIxss
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Honestly? I knew where I wanted to go as soon as I started applying, and only picked another 4 options just in case. I wanted to go to my city's Uni so I could save money and live at home, so even though I got accepted to all my courses (bar one- they required an interview but I didn't really want to go there so I just rejected them), I submitted my firm and insurance choice on the same day I received my last offer. If I didn't get the grades for my firm, I probably wouln't go to Uni because I wasn't prepared to change my plans and sort out moving out and such. It's definitely good to wait if you're unsure between choices, but for one reason or another if you know, I say you know! Everyone's different at the end of the day.
hrusse2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I've created an argument that I didn't wanna create at all lol. All I was saying is, are there any benefits to doing it at this time. Like I knew which uni i was gonna firm anyway, hence I was gonna do it. Now you've made me feel nervous bout this, when I don't need to.
what are you nervous about???
hrusse2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
People aren't saying no - they are essentially saying that you need to be sure before you do firm. There are benefits to firming now - such as accommodation. They are just looking out for you to make sure that you don't regret the decision
Muttley79
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Because I wasn't asking for opinions, I was asking for actual literal benefits in real life of doing this.
There are none unless accommodation is allocated on first come, first served and that doesn't help if you don't get the grades!
Christiantaylor
Rep:
?
There are none unless accommodation is allocated on first come, first served and that doesn't help if you don't get the grades!
Oh okay. I mean I pretty much know which one I'm gonna firm anyway so, I may as well do it now, because they might give it out first come first serve. Didn't really mean to create an argument out of nowhere, so I do apologize
swanseajack1
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Because I wasn't asking for opinions, I was asking for actual literal benefits in real life of doing this.

Because people are saying not to for some reason
Every year people come on here having firmed early then regretted their decision later. There is no benefit to firming early. The offers remain until early May. Make sure you dont fall into the trap and regret it later. Visit open days before firming. Make sure it is right for YOU before deciding.
Christiantaylor
Rep:
?
(Original post by swanseajack1)
Every year people come on here having firmed early then regretted their decision later. There is no benefit to firming early. The offers remain until early May. Make sure you dont fall into the trap and regret it later. Visit open days before firming. Make sure it is right for YOU before deciding..
Okay, I'll have this in mind
Muttley79
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Oh okay. I mean I pretty much know which one I'm gonna firm anyway so, I may as well do it now, because they might give it out first come first serve. Didn't really mean to create an argument out of nowhere, so I do apologize
They will say how accommodation is allocated on the website so do check first Some do it after results day ...
Christiantaylor
Rep:
?
They will say how accommodation is allocated on the website so do check first Some do it after results day ...
Ah good idea! I'll check the website
Christiantaylor
Rep:
?
Guys! Just read the website and it is first come first serve, so I'll firm it now. Don't know why I got so heated haha! How's everyone's day going anyway? swanseajack1 how are you as well, haven't talked in a while!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (103)
61.68%
No (64)
38.32%

Watched Threads