Sports Direct

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
calumcvet
hang on, did you apply online?

apply for what online
Reply 81
*Sparkle*
Go to your local job centre with your passport and they'll give you your national insurance number right there.

isit goin to be a temporary one???
Reply 82
the job, on the www.peoplebank.com website?
simplicite
isit goin to be a temporary one???

No it's the one you were sent when you were about fifteen that presumably got lost in the post.
Reply 84
hang on, we need the whole story. To get a job in Sports Direct, you apply online, they don't do forms in the store any more. So the only way you could have got forms is that you have already been to the store had an interview, correct?
Reply 85
yh i have been to the store and i have had an interview. and dey have accepted me
Reply 86
ok, cool, so you've got the induction next then. The time you have to fill in the forms is the time you have left before the induction. If you don't have time to get your National Insurance number from the Jobcentre before then, go to the induction anyway, it will show that you're comitted to getting a job there, just explain that you have sent off for your National Insurance card and I'm sure they will understand.
Reply 87
do dey send you a diff email about da induction..coz i dnt know wen da induction is goin to be???
Reply 88
Erm, you should've been told when the induction was at your interview...
Reply 89
Cooool, thanks for that info! I think the shifts at Sports Direct are 5 hours min, I just wish the store manager would give me a ring, I hate waiting on tenterhooks to see if I have the job or not...
Reply 90
You are meant to pay for your uniform and the reason they now give 5 hour shifts is because they don't have to give a break if you only work that long.
Reply 91
Ah...any ideas how much we have to pay for the uniform? There were rumours going that its only £2 or £3... Ah ok, 5 hours without a break is fine for me :smile: I've done 7 hours at Next without a proper break, only dashed off to get a drink then I had to come straight back...illegal I know...
Reply 92
I'd rather get syphilis.

My mate worked for Sports Direct. I remember the day the New England kit came out, me and my marra's were in town. We walked past him and they had made him guard the Kit section. He was fairly bored. We walked back going home 5 hours later and he was still there.

He quit on that shift with 20 minutes left to go.
Do not work at Sports Direct unless you need the money to survive and it's the only option. It is awful

Just to make that clear :wink:
Reply 94
Would a job at Pizza Express doing waitering be better then? :P
Reply 95
Nick_000
I'd rather get syphilis.

My mate worked for Sports Direct. I remember the day the New England kit came out, me and my marra's were in town. We walked past him and they had made him guard the Kit section. He was fairly bored. We walked back going home 5 hours later and he was still there.

He quit on that shift with 20 minutes left to go.

I'd rather not get syphilis and still not work for Sports Direct, had my first shift today, on the sales floor...boring as ****! Ok, so people may think being paid standing around doing **** all is easy money, but it really is so boring, the pay is ***** (although I can see why it is now), and tbh I'm quitting after tomorrow, I bet the store where I'm at will close within 3 months as no one comes into it! (new store too). Sooo, looks like I'll have to grovel back to Starbucks and say sorry for rejecting them...I'm a grafter, not a "standing around doing **** all"er! Anyone who knows of any part time jobs going in the Wirral/Liverpool/Chester area, pm me please!
Reply 96
hey guys. just wondering what the induction day would entail, ive got it tomorow. Ive been told that i have to be there from 2pm til 8pm. ive already had the group interview and i received a contract too. cheers in advance
Reply 97
I have got an interview at sports direct on wednesday!

I hear from friends working there past and present that the store is very boring and tedious work but if you need the cash that it is recommended.

I had a temp job at next but since college is coming up soon I think if I could insure a part-time job at sports direct with 80% of the people working there that I know then all could get good.
Reply 98
kidmuscle
I have got an interview at sports direct on wednesday!

I hear from friends working there past and present that the store is very boring and tedious work but if you need the cash that it is recommended.

I had a temp job at next but since college is coming up soon I think if I could insure a part-time job at sports direct with 80% of the people working there that I know then all could get good.

Aah did you do the Next Sale? Hectic or what lol

You don't actually do any work lol, that's why it's tedious and boring. Seriously, you might think 4 hours goes by in a flash, but it doesn't, seems like a whole day for me... If you're lucky and your manager is a) sound or b) a ******* who never leaves his office/never comes in (like mine) then you could spend the 4 hours chatting to your mates, but thats only is there are no supervisors around (like in my store, its new and we have no supervisors or anything, just a manager).

Seriously, the shifts are only like 4 hours, and if you're 16/17 like me, its not worth the £3.53 per hour (minimum wage).

I've been there 3 weeks, and I'm handing in my resignation this week - I've been yelled at for not being in work even though I'd booked holiday dates off a week in advance, half the people who were at the induction have left, pay is crap, I'm not actually on the staff rota so I have no shifts for this week... They're messing me around, and I'm not getting paid, so I'm off! Trouble is its going to feck up chances of me getting other jobs especially if they phone for a reference bcos the manager's never been in when i've been working...

Its up to you though, there are much better jobs out there, but if you are THAT desperate for a job and are prepared to work for very little, then go for it, at least you'll have your mates to doss around with :smile:
I apply it on online give them my cv it said on there website you get paid up to £6.24 that's pretty good for an hour.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending