Anonymous54323
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello all,For current/prospective PhD students: May I ask if anyone knows whether the UCL Overseas Research Scholarship/Graduate Research Scholarship results are out?
rk28
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi there!

I've been nominated as well! I haven't heard back yet though. I'm not sure where I read this, but I think the panel meets next week on the 25th? All the best, everyone!
dabadidabadi
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey! So glad you started this thread. I've been nominated too and the nerves are kicking in the closer we get to the end of this month - I have been told the final round is still really competitive. Fingers crossed for all of us!
rk28
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by dabadidabadi)
Hey! So glad you started this thread. I've been nominated too and the nerves are kicking in the closer we get to the end of this month - I have been told the final round is still really competitive. Fingers crossed for all of us!
Totally agree! I've been trying to find more people in the same boat. I cant help but refresh my email every 5 minutes!
What subjects are you guys going to be pursuing/which departments? Also, have you received your official offers of admission yet?

I'll be pursuing my PhD at the IOE!
dabadidabadi
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by rk28)
Totally agree! I've been trying to find more people in the same boat. I cant help but refresh my email every 5 minutes!
What subjects are you guys going to be pursuing/which departments? Also, have you received your official offers of admission yet?

I'll be pursuing my PhD at the IOE!
Aah lovely! The IoE is so great.

If funding works out I'll be pursuing a PhD in SELCS/CMII, my offer came in last month. It would be a total dream and I can't believe the waiting is almost over! I have also been trying to find out when the panel meets so that I can stop checking my email all the time hahaha...
rk28
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Aah lovely! The IoE is so great.

If funding works out I'll be pursuing a PhD in SELCS/CMII, my offer came in last month. It would be a total dream and I can't believe the waiting is almost over! I have also been trying to find out when the panel meets so that I can stop checking my email all the time hahaha...
Fantastic! Fingers crossed

I think the panel meets on the 25th. I'm not sure where I read this, so I may be totally wrong. I've been excessively checking timelines from previous years too!
beluj
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Thank you for starting this thread. I am also waiting for an answer. On the GRS page they say "The selection panel meets in February and successful candidates can expect to be notified by Friday, 28 February 2020 at the latest. ". Let me know if one of you get an answer by then!
Last edited by beluj; 1 month ago
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
Hi ya, thanks for starting the thread. I am waiting for the results as well. Just wondering if anyone knows the number of candidate(s) each department can nominate.

Good Luck everyone!!
dabadidabadi
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey! Congrats on your nomination! Each department is allowed to rank only two candidates for GRS/ORS funding, so it's definitely an accomplishment to make it thru to the next round. The competition is still pretty fierce for only 25 studentships though. We'll know the outcome soon enough! Pls do post here if anyone hears anything.
Anonymous54323
Rep:
?
Hey! Congrats on your nomination! Each department is allowed to rank only two candidates for GRS/ORS funding, so it's definitely an accomplishment to make it thru to the next round. The competition is still pretty fierce for only 25 studentships though. We'll know the outcome soon enough! Pls do post here if anyone hears anything.
You guys, I asked our director. Apparently, the selection panel has not met yet and will meet sometime early this week even with the UCU strike. So we should know by 28 Feb at the latest. I was panicking that they might have already met due to the strike. Crossing fingers for all of us!
Anonymous54323
Rep:
?
Hello all, did anyone hear anything yet?
dabadidabadi
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous54323)
Hello all, did anyone hear anything yet?
no news yet...
Anonymous54323
Rep:
?
no news yet...
nothing here yet as well
rk28
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
The anxiety is unreal at this point in time.. another day passes.
Anonymous54323
Rep:
?
(Original post by rk28)
The anxiety is unreal at this point in time.. another day passes.
I know... the wait is so difficult to get considering the uncertainty.
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
It's either tomorrow or Friday... My heart feels like skipping a beat every time I refresh my inbox... Argh
Anonymous54323
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymous)
It's either tomorrow or Friday... My heart feels like skipping a beat every time I refresh my inbox... Argh
Same here! There is a strike at UCL so I am not sure if it will delay the decision.
Anonymous54323
Rep:
?
Hello all, a new day... has anyone heard anything yet?
beluj
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Not here
Anonymous54323
Rep:
?
(Original post by beluj)
Not here
nothing here as well
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (187)
15.45%
Uncertainty around my education (197)
16.28%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (117)
9.67%
Isolating with family (85)
7.02%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (46)
3.8%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (103)
8.51%
Loneliness (118)
9.75%
Financial worries (52)
4.3%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (110)
9.09%
Exposure to negative news/social media (89)
7.36%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (106)
8.76%

Watched Threads