Can you apply for a higher/lower Maintenance Loan after the first year?

Watch
Toxiic
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi.

Can you apply for a higher/lower Maintenance Loan after the first year (for example if the financial support you receive from someone is likely to decrease in the 2nd/3rd year)?

Correct me if I'm wrong but I've read you have to reapply each year for student finance which would give an opportunity for to apply for an increase/decrease (not going over the limit, of course)(?)

Thanks in advance.
stepheds
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You need to re apply for student finance each year you are studying and so if your circumstances change then your loans/grants may also change
Shirohige
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Toxiic)
Hi.

Can you apply for a higher/lower Maintenance Loan after the first year (for example if the financial support you receive from someone is likely to decrease in the 2nd/3rd year)?

Correct me if I'm wrong but I've read you have to reapply each year for student finance which would give an opportunity for to apply for an increase/decrease (not going over the limit, of course)(?)

Thanks in advance.
Hi

Yes you can apply for more in 2nd/3rd year as stepheds said, you need to reapply each year anyway. Also for example you apply for a lower rate second year but a few months in you want to increase, its possible to do that also.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think non-essential uni exams should be cancelled?

Yes, they should be cancelled altogether (42)
47.19%
No, they should still go ahead (21)
23.6%
They should be cancelled for everyone but final year (26)
29.21%

Watched Threads