Lonely despite having friends?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
I have a great body of friends, I'm not in a huge friendship group but we're really close. 4 of us have been friends since Yr7 (now in Yr12) had the other 2 we've been friends with for about a year.

Despite having this tight knit friendship group, I still feel extremely lonely and like I don't have anyone to talk to/do things with. I then feel guilty about feeling lonely, because I have a great friendship group and shouldn't be dismissing that. I think a large part of it is that my friends are all quite introverted and enjoy staying home, whereas I enjoy going out, and so I spend most of my time just at home.

I don't know what to do from here, I'm not really sure why I'm writing this post, but if anybody has any advice/similar stories that would be great
BurstingBubbles
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I have a great body of friends, I'm not in a huge friendship group but we're really close. 4 of us have been friends since Yr7 (now in Yr12) had the other 2 we've been friends with for about a year.

Despite having this tight knit friendship group, I still feel extremely lonely and like I don't have anyone to talk to/do things with. I then feel guilty about feeling lonely, because I have a great friendship group and shouldn't be dismissing that. I think a large part of it is that my friends are all quite introverted and enjoy staying home, whereas I enjoy going out, and so I spend most of my time just at home.

I don't know what to do from here, I'm not really sure why I'm writing this post, but if anybody has any advice/similar stories that would be great
It's more than okay to want multiple groups of friends. Most people will have, especially later on in life e.g school friends, work friends, neighbours etc. If you are seeking more extroverted friends then go for it. Join some groups e.g sports or anything else you're interested. We don't have an upper limit on how many friends we're allowed in life. Just try not to forgot your current friends
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
(Original post by BurstingBubbles)
It's more than okay to want multiple groups of friends. Most people will have, especially later on in life e.g school friends, work friends, neighbours etc. If you are seeking more extroverted friends then go for it. Join some groups e.g sports or anything else you're interested. We don't have an upper limit on how many friends we're allowed in life. Just try not to forgot your current friends
Thanks for the reply my friends and I have a healthy friendship and I know they wouldn't be at all bothered if I had other friends, it's just finding those other friends that's difficult haha. My college is extremely lacking in extracurriculars and so it's quite difficult to meet new people which is quite annoying, thanks for the advice
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (53)
29.61%
No - I have already returned home (23)
12.85%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (42)
23.46%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (15)
8.38%
No - I live at home during term anyway (46)
25.7%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise