abs-16sada
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I have a couple of questions.
1) How hard is it for NRIs to study in Indian colleges?
2) What grade in the UK is needed for it to be a good grade comparing it to Indian Board exams?
3) What are colleges like in India? ( 11th and 12th std)
I have lived in the UK for 5 years now and am thinking to go back to India after my GCSEs.
equinox72
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by abs-16sada)
I have a couple of questions.
1) How hard is it for NRIs to study in Indian colleges?
2) What grade in the UK is needed for it to be a good grade comparing it to Indian Board exams?
3) What are colleges like in India? ( 11th and 12th std)
I have lived in the UK for 5 years now and am thinking to go back to India after my GCSEs.
Think it through because GCSE to Indian board(CBSE) can be a major jump that you might not want to make, but if you consider having a better life Indian colleges are better because there is a lot of friendship and love at the same time there is fights and bullying.
1) initially you might feel a little out of track but you'll catch you eventually and that is if you're an above-average student.
2) you need a D grade or above as far as I know
3) it's not like what you have in the UK and the teaching style might seem a little different.
abs-16sada
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by equinox72)
Think it through because GCSE to Indian board(CBSE) can be a major jump that you might not want to make, but if you consider having a better life Indian colleges are better because there is a lot of friendship and love at the same time there is fights and bullying.
1) initially you might feel a little out of track but you'll catch you eventually and that is if you're an above-average student.
2) you need a D grade or above as far as I know
3) it's not like what you have in the UK and the teaching style might seem a little different.
Ok Thank you so much. A lot of people have told me to think it through as well but it's just something I'm desperate for. I'm nearly going to complete 5 years here so after that I also have a choice to go to America because of my dad's job but I have reasons to go to India although I'm really worried and scared because of how much pressure there is over there for studies.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (102)
61.45%
No (64)
38.55%

Watched Threads