Kasperian
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Unfortunately I am unable to get to any of the open days until June and by then I will have needed to make my decision of first and second choice.

I'm really struggling whether or not to go here or not.
I'm torn between this university and one other(west london).

So for current, former and to-be students of middlesex university, what is your opinion on the university itself, the accommodation, night/social life of the uni and around it and the course you are on.
Last edited by Kasperian; 1 month ago
A Rolling Stone
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Kasperian)
I'm really struggling whether or not to go here or not.
I'm torn between this university and one other(west london).

So for current, former and to-be students of middlesex university, what is your opinion on the university itself, the accommodation, night/social life of the uni and around it and the course you are on.
lots of 'urban' types go there. may be your thing i don't know.
Kasperian
Rep:
?
(Original post by A Rolling Stone)
lots of 'urban' types go there. may be your thing i don't know.
What do you mean by 'urban types'?
A Rolling Stone
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What do you mean by 'urban types'?
the typical London youth, 90% ethnic minority
Kasperian
Rep:
?
(Original post by A Rolling Stone)
the typical London youth, 90% ethnic minority
OK, Fair enough,
Do you know what hendon is like at all? Social/night life, etc?
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
OK, Fair enough,
Do you know what hendon is like at all? Social/night life, etc?
I live in Hendon. It’s a small town with a nice park, hampstead heath and regent’s park are a bus journey away, a nice highstreet, brent cross closeby. In my opinion it has everything a town needs. It has a lot of churches/ places of worship so if you’re thinking of community events or trips down the pub, then no there’s no nightlife. But i’m sure middx have student events of their own. Also has great transport links to central london, camden etc for nightlife. If you want to go central it’s only 15-20 min tube journey as it’s on the northern line. I love hendon as it’s quiet and suburban but also only a short trip away from the best spots in london.
Kasperian
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymous)
I live in Hendon. It’s a small town with a nice park, hampstead heath and regent’s park are a bus journey away, a nice highstreet, brent cross closeby. In my opinion it has everything a town needs. It has a lot of churches/ places of worship so if you’re thinking of community events or trips down the pub, then no there’s no nightlife. But i’m sure middx have student events of their own. Also has great transport links to central london, camden etc for nightlife. If you want to go central it’s only 15-20 min tube journey as it’s on the northern line. I love hendon as it’s quiet and suburban but also only a short trip away from the best spots in london.
Thanks for responding! This was really helpful! Do you know much about the University itself? Or heard about it at all?
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
Thanks for responding! This was really helpful! Do you know much about the University itself? Or heard about it at all?
Well it’s hard not to see/hear about a uni in the town I’ve grown up in for my whole life lmaoo.
I don’t know much about the actual uni, but it looks nice.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (194)
60.06%
No (71)
21.98%
Not sure (58)
17.96%

Watched Threads