UCAS late application as an International Student

Watch
jakeperalta7
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
I will give my SAT exams at March 14 and the results will come out on March 29th. I'm interested to study Computer Science at UCL/ University of Manchester. I've heard from several people online about UCAS deadline passed a few days back and unis wont check my application but I've seen in the Website of Umanchester that the deadline for Int. Students is 30th of June. Can anyone please assist me in any kind?
super_kawaii
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by jakeperalta7)
I will give my SAT exams at March 14 and the results will come out on March 29th. I'm interested to study Computer Science at UCL/ University of Manchester. I've heard from several people online about UCAS deadline passed a few days back and unis wont check my application but I've seen in the Website of Umanchester that the deadline for Int. Students is 30th of June. Can anyone please assist me in any kind?
UCAS deadline for all applications, home, EU, and international students, is 15th January. After this dates, unis aren’t required to even look at your application.

It’s normal for students to apply for uni before they’ve taken their exams. British students don’t take their exams until June, and then don’t receive their results until August, yet we still apply for the January deadline
jakeperalta7
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
(Original post by super_kawaii)
UCAS deadline for all applications, home, EU, and international students, is 15th January. After this dates, unis aren’t required to even look at your application.

It’s normal for students to apply for uni before they’ve taken their exams. British students don’t take their exams until June, and then don’t receive their results until August, yet we still apply for the January deadline
I know that but in the UManchester's website( https://www.manchester.ac.uk/study/i...ation-process/ )
it is stated that Int.Students application submisson's final deadline is 30th of june
Admit-One
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
The above isn't quite correct. The 15th of January is only a deadline for guaranteed consideration. Most courses in the UK stay open long after this date, to both Home and International applicants.

If the course is still open on UCAS, (and there's no warning bulletins saying they won't consider either Home/EU/International applicants), then you will more than likely be considered the same as someone that applied back in October.

As courses can now close to applications at any time, I would apply as soon as you are ready. Don't wait for your final SAT grades. Input what you have have now, and your ref will be asked to provide predictions for anything pending.
super_kawaii
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by jakeperalta7)
I know that but in the UManchester's website( https://www.manchester.ac.uk/study/i...ation-process/ )
it is stated that Int.Students application submisson's final deadline is 30th of june
But that’s not guaranteed. They can close at any moment if they want to now. I’d get it in ASAP.

It’s expected you apply to uni before you’ve received your final results here
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
UCL Comp Sci is closed to applications now
https://digital.ucas.com/courses/det...micYearId=2020

Manchester is still open (at least according to UCAS search and from the sounds of the wording on their website)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (431)
56.49%
I don't have everything I need (332)
43.51%

Watched Threads