Merseyside Police Recruitment February 2020.

Watch
JR2021
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Hopey123)
Oh really did they not give a reason? I guess it’s more preparation time for you, hopefully you get it soon
The email just said due to current circumstances so I can only assume it’s to do with the new restrictions, who knows I don’t mind though as you say it’s more time to prepare, I was looking forward to getting it out of the way though so I could stop being nervous haha
Hopey123
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by JessRoseP)
The email just said due to current circumstances so I can only assume it’s to do with the new restrictions, who knows I don’t mind though as you say it’s more time to prepare, I was looking forward to getting it out of the way though so I could stop being nervous haha
I’m the exact same hahah I could have waited till the end of feb but I’ve gone for the 19th January, I just want it done I’m so nervous feel like my brain will go blank when I’m sat there
tomgold93
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
I’m the exact same hahah I could have waited till the end of feb but I’ve gone for the 19th January, I just want it done I’m so nervous feel like my brain will go blank when I’m sat there
I had mine originally booked for early December, I legit had like 4 days to prepare since I got the invitation email, fortunately it got cancelled!! I have my rescheduled interview tomorrow at 1pm but I feel so much more prepared. I'm absolutely nervous as hell now though!! I just worry that they will throw a total curve ball question during the interview that'll leave me speechless 🙄😂😂
Hopey123
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by tomgold93)
I had mine originally booked for early December, I legit had like 4 days to prepare since I got the invitation email, fortunately it got cancelled!! I have my rescheduled interview tomorrow at 1pm but I feel so much more prepared. I'm absolutely nervous as hell now though!! I just worry that they will throw a total curve ball question during the interview that'll leave me speechless 🙄😂😂
Oh wow good luck! Let us know how it goes. That is my exact fear I have prepped for so many questions and some of my examples aren’t great haha and I worry I will have nothing to say but at the end of the day we’re all human and if you don’t have an answer you don’t have an answer. I’m sure you’ll smash it, confidence is key!
erg97
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
(Original post by JessRoseP)
I’ve just had my interview cancelled for the second time due to current circumstances, I’ve got to rebook again for a future date, hope everyone else’s goes ahead! Good luck guys
sorry to hear about this! fingers crossed you wont be waiting too long. At least you have more preparation time, you will get there in the end dont worry
Hopey123
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
Can anyone help me? I have been given a Skype guide for my interview and told on the day to log onto Skype and dial in a conference room however I have no idea how, what the interview ID is or anything?
tomgold93
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
Can anyone help me? I have been given a Skype guide for my interview and told on the day to log onto Skype and dial in a conference room however I have no idea how, what the interview ID is or anything?
Hey don't worry I worried about the exact same thing. When I got the guide aswell!! So basically, the day before your interview is due, you will receive a separate email consisting of the number to ring via Skype, and the conference ID number that you need to enter to gain access to the virtual lobby. So don't panic more information is to come for you the day before your interview. My advice is to use Firefox because chrome has been known to not work for a lot of people. I used Firefox to use Skype and it was absolutely fine. Hope this helps!
Hopey123
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
Hey don't worry I worried about the exact same thing. When I got the guide aswell!! So basically, the day before your interview is due, you will receive a separate email consisting of the number to ring via Skype, and the conference ID number that you need to enter to gain access to the virtual lobby. So don't panic more information is to come for you the day before your interview. My advice is to use Firefox because chrome has been known to not work for a lot of people. I used Firefox to use Skype and it was absolutely fine. Hope this helps!
Oh thank you so much! Can I ask did you you regular Skype, the Skype meetings app or the Skype business one?
tomgold93
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
Oh thank you so much! Can I ask did you you regular Skype, the Skype meetings app or the Skype business one?
No problem! So I just used Skype via Firefox, when you dial that number I'm sure it just redirects you to Skype for business where you enter the conference ID and then your name. It's either that way round or it goes to Skype for business once you enter the conference ID 🤔 I can't remember exactly what way round it was but basically just use normal Skype via Firefox and it'll redirect you accordingly!
tomgold93
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
No problem! So I just used Skype via Firefox, when you dial that number I'm sure it just redirects you to Skype for business where you enter the conference ID and then your name. It's either that way round or it goes to Skype for business once you enter the conference ID 🤔 I can't remember exactly what way round it was but basically just use normal Skype via Firefox and it'll redirect you accordingly!
Also, on the day of your interview, you can do a practice log in, so say 1 hour before your slot, just do a practice run. Log into Skype, dial the number and then the conference ID, if it asks you to enter your candidate name you know you're in the right place! So when it comes 10 mins before your slot, do all the above and then enter your name then you'll go into their virtual lobby where you just sit and wait until they connect with you!
Hopey123
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
Also, on the day of your interview, you can do a practice log in, so say 1 hour before your slot, just do a practice run. Log into Skype, dial the number and then the conference ID, if it asks you to enter your candidate name you know you're in the right place! So when it comes 10 mins before your slot, do all the above and then enter your name then you'll go into their virtual lobby where you just sit and wait until they connect with you!
You do not understand how helpful this has been thank you! I really appreciate it
tomgold93
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
You do not understand how helpful this has been thank you! I really appreciate it
Absolutely no problem! Any issues just let me know otherwise I wish you the best of luck!
tefc2020
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
Anyone waiting for their interview results yet?
tefc2020
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
Absolutely no problem! Any issues just let me know otherwise I wish you the best of luck!
Have you heard back?
Hopey123
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by tefc2020)
Have you heard back?
I got mine back at about 3 today
tefc2020
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
I got mine back at about 3 today
How did it go mate?
Hopey123
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
How did it go mate?
I passed I can’t believe it I’ve been shaking for about an hour from shock hahah
tefc2020
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
I passed I can’t believe it I’ve been shaking for about an hour from shock hahaha
Well done! Did they ring you? When was your interview ?
Hopey123
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
Well done! Did they ring you? When was your interview ?
Thank you! And they emailed it to me I had my interview yesterday
JR2021
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
Thank you! And they emailed it to me I had my interview yesterday
Wooo well done!! Made up for you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (19)
8.68%
Okay (64)
29.22%
A bit lacking (82)
37.44%
Not good at all (54)
24.66%

Watched Threads