What do you think of situation

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
My friend is going through a lot and I know this so I've been thinking it's just cos they are going through so much and there's a lot going on, on top of uni applications. Just a lot of stress.

During this I have done my best to try and be supportive and show that I'm willing to listen and will do anything if they want or need help. I am an introvert and I have been trying and doing better at talking to others but I do struggle in being the one to suggest we do something or hang out.

I last saw them in December, the Friday before Christmas. I asked if I could come over on the Saturday. They didn't read the message till a few days after and never got a response. I asked about popping over last Saturday or during the week. Message dilvered but still not read despite being sent on the Thursday.

It's making me feel a little paranoid thinking I've done something to upset them even though I know I haven't done anything.

When my mam talked to her dad he says just pop over and it'll be fine. But I kinda feel bad because I love my friends parents and enjoying seeing them but I also want to see my friend and I don't like just landing at someone's door incase they are busy.

What do you think?
RazzzBerries
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Her dad has voiced that it’s fine to go over and see them. In my opinion, I think that’s all the permission you need.

Go over when you’re free and see if your friend is willing to talk. If not, at least you know you have done everything in your power to keep the friendship going, and now it is down to your friend to reach out.

Don’t worry too much! x
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by RazzzBerries)
Her dad has voiced that it’s fine to go over and see them. In my opinion, I think that’s all the permission you need.

Go over when you’re free and see if your friend is willing to talk. If not, at least you know you have done everything in your power to keep the friendship going, and now it is down to your friend to reach out.

Don’t worry too much! x
Thanks, I think that's what I needed to hear
RazzzBerries
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Thanks, I think that's what I needed to hear
👌🏽
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think non-essential uni exams should be cancelled?

Yes, they should be cancelled altogether (42)
47.19%
No, they should still go ahead (21)
23.6%
They should be cancelled for everyone but final year (26)
29.21%

Watched Threads