Have foundation year interview dates been sent out yet?

Watch
itsallgravy
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I have yet to receive mine, just wondering if anyone else is in the same boat.
itsallgravy
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Update: Received an email on Friday evening for an interview on 24th of March. I've got roughly a month to prepare, anyone else going?
ellie_kxx
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Yeah I got my interview invitation too. I’m going
itsallgravy
Rep:
?
(Original post by ellie_kxx)
Yeah I got my interview invitation too. I’m going
Great! How are you feeling about the assessments? I'm feeling good about the English but less certain about the Maths.
ellie_kxx
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by itsallgravy)
Great! How are you feeling about the assessments? I'm feeling good about the English but less certain about the Maths.
Haha I’m feeling the same way. I guess I’m gonna do a few GCSE maths mock tests online to prepare before hand (I’ve read somewhere it’s GCSE level questions). It’s been 4 years since I finished sixth form. How long have you been out of full time education?

Edit- that being said though, I just re-read their email to me saying the English test will require studying a text they email us a week prior to the interview date. I’m having war memories of A Level English Lit which I truly hated with a passion lol... but if it’s GCSE level stuff then hopefully it’ll be ok
Last edited by ellie_kxx; 4 weeks ago
itsallgravy
Rep:
?
Haha I’m feeling the same way. I guess I’m gonna do a few GCSE maths mock tests online to prepare before hand (I’ve read somewhere it’s GCSE level questions). It’s been 4 years since I finished sixth form. How long have you been out of full time education?

Edit- that being said though, I just re-read their email to me saying the English test will require studying a text they email us a week prior to the interview date. I’m having war memories of A Level English Lit which I truly hated with a passion lol... but if it’s GCSE level stuff then hopefully it’ll be ok
I'm gonna do some maths study too, hopefully it isn't too bad! I didn't go to sixth form and I've been out of education for roughly 7 years, so I reckon we're about the same age.

I have no idea what the English test is going to entail, I'm going to leave that until we get the email because I don't want to spend weeks brushing up on the wrong thing.
ellie_kxx
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I'm gonna do some maths study too, hopefully it isn't too bad! I didn't go to sixth form and I've been out of education for roughly 7 years, so I reckon we're about the same age.

I have no idea what the English test is going to entail, I'm going to leave that until we get the email because I don't want to spend weeks brushing up on the wrong thing.
Well it’s good that the uni provide useful links for us to prepare for it Same here. I had a quick look on the English page, looks like it’s only an English language test. So from what I can remember from GCSE English Lang it’s things like analysing tone, structure, themes/ settings of an extract etc..?
What is the degree you hope to be doing?
itsallgravy
Rep:
?
Well it’s good that the uni provide useful links for us to prepare for it Same here. I had a quick look on the English page, looks like it’s only an English language test. So from what I can remember from GCSE English Lang it’s things like analysing tone, structure, themes/ settings of an extract etc..?
What is the degree you hope to be doing?
Thanks for the info, I'll have to take a look at some revision guides.

I'm hoping to get onto a Sociology course, what about you?
ellie_kxx
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Thanks for the info, I'll have to take a look at some revision guides.

I'm hoping to get onto a Sociology course, what about you?
Oh cool I’m hoping to get onto a Modern Languages (Spanish) course. Good luck with your interview!
Last edited by ellie_kxx; 3 weeks ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (42)
60%
No (28)
40%

Watched Threads