revision help

Watch this thread
student_life2020
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
at this stage i am panicking that i can't remember and memorise everything which i need to, i have tried spaced out working and flashcards online, now all i do is keep doing practice questions despite the fact i haven't learnt everything yet, is this a good idea. Also after I do a booklet of practise questions is the best thing to do revise every topic answer I have got wrong?
PetitePanda
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
First of all, calm down it's alright because everyone doesnt have the capability to remember anything. I would first find out what kind of learner you are because revision techniques will be effective depending on what kind of learner you are. If you are kinetic learner, yes practice questions would be the best thing to do but if you are a visual learner, diagrams and mind maps would better.
SB304
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by student_life2020)
at this stage i am panicking that i can't remember and memorise everything which i need to, i have tried spaced out working and flashcards online, now all i do is keep doing practice questions despite the fact i haven't learnt everything yet, is this a good idea. Also after I do a booklet of practise questions is the best thing to do revise every topic answer I have got wrong?
It changes from person to person, what your area of study is, available resources, time available etc.

What I did whilst studying for my undergrad final exams was I learnt half of all of my courses by writing out all the relevant information on to one sheet of A4 paper, with one larger A3 sheet to bring every topic from that subject together/linking them. Once I’d done this, I had a friend who’d worked on the other half of the topics. This then meant I taught her the topics I had learned and vice versa. I found this effective as I learn the most by teaching to others. Having to break concepts down to their simplest forms to explain them shows you have a phenomenal understanding of that topic. If you have someone who’d be keen to do that with you then that might be an option.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (21)
27.63%
As I expected (23)
30.26%
Harder (28)
36.84%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (4)
5.26%

Watched Threads