The Student Room Group

Maintenance not doing their job at my student accommodation.

So I've had a little leak coming out my toilet and decided to call for my student accommodation's maintenance to fix the issue but instead had so many problems. I don't know what to do honestly... I thought they'd at least seal the hole/crack.
They left everything halfway done, like literally, the things they took apart was not put back together. So I called the management and complained about this mess and they said they would talk to the guy. Anyway he came back to my room (which I wish he bloody didn't and another guy fixed it instead) put SOME bits back and then left the others with 1 screw halfway out at a 45 degree angle. bare in mind I needed to have 4 screws in that area. and yes. my toilet still leaked.
he seemed quite angry the 2nd time and I had to pluck up all my courage to send that message to management for him to do the same thing again? I just fear it will become such a big deal. what do I do.
Take photos and message them again? What else are you expecting them to do if you don't let them know?
Original post by Anonymous
So I've had a little leak coming out my toilet and decided to call for my student accommodation's maintenance to fix the issue but instead had so many problems. I don't know what to do honestly... I thought they'd at least seal the hole/crack.
They left everything halfway done, like literally, the things they took apart was not put back together. So I called the management and complained about this mess and they said they would talk to the guy. Anyway he came back to my room (which I wish he bloody didn't and another guy fixed it instead) put SOME bits back and then left the others with 1 screw halfway out at a 45 degree angle. bare in mind I needed to have 4 screws in that area. and yes. my toilet still leaked.
he seemed quite angry the 2nd time and I had to pluck up all my courage to send that message to management for him to do the same thing again? I just fear it will become such a big deal. what do I do.

Do you have a residential tutor who you can pass this onto? They’re supposed to be deal with subsequent problems if they’re not sorted or if the student is feel stressed or anxious to deal with it themselves. I would approach them first.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending