jamie118247
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
hello,
for the essay plan 'it was the conflict over Germany after 1945 that created a state of cold war in Europe by 1949'
what could my 3 paragraphs be about?
pearceyl
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
Is this for GCSE level? If so, you could always mention the 4 zones of Germany and how the 3/4 capitalist control of Berlin (West) had ideological differences to the communist (East). The ideological differences played a major factor in the beginning of the Cold War.
The Long Telegram and Novikov Telegram also significantly increased tensions as they made each country suspicious of one another, resorting to secret intelligence.
The war losses meant that Stalin felt as if Britain and USA’s army were prioritised due the the difference in war losses (USSR lost 20 million, whereas USA lost 297,000 and Britain about 370,000).
In 1947, the Truman Doctrine financially supported Greece and Turkey in the hopes of containing communism.
The 1948 Berlin Blockade, although short-lived, made the Soviet’s seem aggressive and the Capitalist Allies seem heroic.
And finally, the 1949 official separation of East and West Berlin proved any attempts to reunite Berlin was futile, and this culmination of disagreements resulted in the Cold War.

Feel free to pick 3 of these (supported with more detail and explanation than what I’ve just done).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (17)
7.2%
October 2021 (116)
49.15%
November 2021 (23)
9.75%
December 2021 (31)
13.14%
January 2021 (21)
8.9%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (22)
9.32%