Laura Armitage
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi I would like to do a history related EPQ . I’m interested in things like the Civil Rights Movement, The Slave Trade, World Wars etc. Could anyone help me out or give me some ideas/ tips?
RoisinTewkesbury
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi, I'm only a Year 11 but I have applied to do an EPQ and hope to do something history related as well. I think your ideas are really good! For the Civil Rights Movement and The Slave Trade, you could relate it to how the media, films, tv etc. give us a new perspective. Or for the World Wars, you could maybe link it to how the ideas of medicine effect the present day e.g. the invention of the splint and x-rays. Hope this helped!

Hope it goes well, Good luck!
PL1234
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Laura Armitage)
Hi I would like to do a history related EPQ . I’m interested in things like the Civil Rights Movement, The Slave Trade, World Wars etc. Could anyone help me out or give me some ideas/ tips?
You have to pick something you're willing to use (waste) a lot of your freedom for this project. It is extremely long and sometimes tedious. Depending on your board, many of the marks may not even be related to the content of your project. However, the satisfaction of finishing the product is great.
In the relation to specific topic, history at A level often creates quite restrictive questions so probably try something completely different in terms of the question itself. And don't make the question too broad, that was the biggest thing I took from the EPQ, keep the topic focused.
Some questions could be:
To what extent has the Slave trade defined global politics?
Which world war was of greater impact? (with this question you need to decide impact on what e.g.impact on economy, international relations or something else)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling being back in school?

Happy (22)
22.68%
Unhappy (28)
28.87%
Conflicted (47)
48.45%

Watched Threads