Where did your childhood scar come from?

Watch
Neilos
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
All my childhood injuries caused by glass, metal, wood, concrete, brick, etc healed without scars... but my right middle finger's fingerprint was scarred (and made even more unique) for life by a vicious piece of paper.
Cryoraptor
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I have three that I can remember off the top of my head:

The first one was when I was about 2 years old: I was sitting on a tin or something and apparently I slipped off and hit my chin on the desk. Needed stitches apparently and although I can't see it my mum says there's still a mark there today.

The second one was when I was 4 and I remember it clearly. It was the christmas holidays and my parents were putting all the christmas stuff back in the loft. My dad dropped an old stool (NOT an old ****, an old stool as in something you step on) and it fell on my brow. I needed stitches and a pretty unsightly bandage for a few weeks, and to this day my left eyebrow doesn't grow quite as well as my right eyebrow, although I'm fine because I have thick eyebrows and I trim them anyway, so you won't notice easily.

My third and most significant is when I was having a cyst on my neck removed. It's just under the back-side of my head where my hair ends and I'm pretty sure it's a mild keoloid as it feels very rubbery and ungrippable (if that's a word) to this day. Not to mention it was originally a group of serrations that evolved into a single bigger scar. Either way, it's better than that horrible, annoying cyst that came before it as long as it doesn't become a tumour and start growing again like some keoloids can.

I have had other moderate injuries in the past few years however as I have entered puberty I have developed some sort of increased healing and I don't seem to be able to form new scars. Back in 2018 when I was 15 I fell over and scraped my leg on a desk and it was pretty bad. After a few months the marks just disappeared. Another time I had rubber burns that looked pretty deep but completely disappeared after some months. Also in 2018 I managed to smash my foot against a table by accident and messed it up; I have no scar to prove it somehow. Unless my skin is literally cut open by a doctor I don't seem to be able to scar at all. I'm also muscle/cardio-orientated skinny and have an un-humanly strong immune system so I put it down to a combination of fast metabolism, high blood cell count/high levels of blood in general and high testosterone level which promotes all of the other factors as well. I'm not saying I have high testosterone to be hard, having high testosterone levels and being an alpha are two different things.

Either way, that's my full scar story.
mxo.
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
dog bite on my leg when I was around 5, still love dogs though
CTLeafez
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I have a scar across the region between my thumb and index finger from when I was 16... I got it from trying to open a bottle of cider at a camp out with a knife... We didn't pack any bottle openers and I thought it would make me look badass...
MoonlightRain
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I wouldn’t say I have such a dussectible scar from my Child Jouring days.
The Mogg
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I don't have any physical scars, but I'm mentally scarred from when Club Penguin died
zetamcfc
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
One on my chin from face planting after slipping on a gravel road, parents said not to run, guess I should've listened.
Spanx
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by londonmyst)
Which one?
Climbing trees, playing with toys in the children's library, hit by a rugby ball, bookshelf fell on me, attacked by a broken sofa, claire's accessories gun piercing service.
What about the bite mark?
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
When I was 7 my little sister threw a scooter at my legs as I was running into the house, the front door was open so I went hurtling forward and split my head open on the corner of the skirting board of the door that leads to the downstairs loo. Thankfully I wear glasses big enough now to hide the scar from the stitches. That’s the one that bothers me lol. I also have a long scar up my leg from when I caught myself on a fence while house riding, the electric part got me, then the barbed wire bit did too.
ArtmisKco
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Actually I do have a scar from year 6 when this idiotic year 3 pushed me and my left hand went into the burning hot bolognese. Then it was covered with blisters and one of my biggest blisters was below my pinky finger and now there’s a scar. I wish it would go away...
londonmyst
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Spanx)
What about the bite mark?
Which one?
This thread is about childhood scars only. :naughty:
Spanx
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by londonmyst)
Which one?
This thread is about childhood scars only. :naughty:
Had your nose bitten as an adult? :P
Sinnoh
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I was 8, I was running next to a wire fence and there was a bit sticking out that I caught my elbow on.
Spanx
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I got a burn mark it looks about the size of a cigar...on my forearm. That's what you get in my house when you spill paint in the garage...

Spoiler:
Show
Oh wait that's not my life, that's the breakfast club. :cig:
londonmyst
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Spanx)
Had your nose bitten as an adult? :P
Growl...
My nose hurts every time that comparethemarket com advert plays. :mob:
Deggs_14
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
A knife.
Serval36
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
I had a heart surgery when I was like 18 hours old? Because the blood from the body wasn't going through the lungs, so I couldn't breathe... That was a temporary one, then the definitive one came when I was three weeks old. I have 3 scars because of that surgery, one is pretty big in the chest (obvious), a very tiny one next to the bigger one in the chest and another one in the wrist because I needed to breathe while I didn't had the first surgery.

I When I was about 5 years old, I fell and hit my forehead, luckily the scar is not visible because the eyebrow covers it.

When I was like 8 or so I had a surgery in both ears because they weren't close to my head and didn't look good. The surgery wasn't done perfectly and I needed to redo it .

Later, I fell from a swing and required a few stitches in the chin...
Lyndsey.95
Rep:
?
Report 15 hours ago
I don't have any fortunately.
Napp
Rep:
?
Report 7 minutes ago
one on the forhead was caused by my sister lobbing a rock at me
the arms ones were from where i tripped over a razor wire fence when walking home
leg from where burning plastic landed on it
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (80)
61.54%
No (50)
38.46%

Watched Threads