Hearing loss advice???

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
So since yesterday I could hear ringing in my ears and today I feel like I’m slowly losing my hearing as my hearing seems different I’m only 16 I’m so confused is this an ear infection or am I facing hearing loss i can stil hear ringing please give me advice
stepheds
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Could be an ear infection, tinnitus, ear wax.
Worth going to see your GP so they can look in your ears.
I think considering hearing loss is the extreme right now.
rayshow053
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Don't ask advice here! You should be doing everything you can to try and regain your hearing in that ear. I mean you could get lucky with the current therapy and it'll heal properly and you'll recuperate fully. Also be sure to find audiology test online and make an appointment with an audiologist
Last edited by rayshow053; 7 months ago
NancarrowSunset
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Honestly, you need to get an appointment with your GP, who might refer you to an audiologist to check you over. It is most likely an ear infection, or tinnitus. Tinnitus does not usually cause hearing loss but can come with hearing loss. If you are concerned about your hearing, I would recommend getting a test done once any issues like ear infection or ear wax are ruled out - you can never be too careful with your hearing.

Have you done any activities that have been very loud without any protection that could have caused any damage? Been underwater where some water could be blocking the ear canal? Is there any pain? If so, whereabouts?

If it is hearing loss, you will find yourself losing concentration more easily, you'll be more tired in evenings, and quite often you will mistake what people are saying. Unless you have a noticeable loss of hearing where you are struggling more than usual to hear what people are saying to you, I wouldn't jump to conclusions. Book an appointment with a GP and then go from there. I'm sure you are fine.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (280)
56.57%
I don't have everything I need (215)
43.43%

Watched Threads