The Student Room Group

Not sure what to do about a girl at a party

Right guys, I went to a family party a few days ago and there was this really hot girl there. I don’t really know who she is but I know that she is in some way friends with my cousin who was also there. I really wanted to talk to her at some point but I assumed I had the whole night to approach her, but unfortunately she had to leave super early because she was going out with some friends or something. I am starting to regret not just going up to her straight away, but I don’t think that would have worked without being really awkward cause all my family would have been watching, so I was kind of hoping I could wait till the party started to die down a little or until everyone had started to split off into groups etc. Not sure what to do now because I probably won’t see her again for ages, and tbh I don’t really recognise her cause I don’t think she has been to one of the parties before. Do you think I should just wait? Or should I talk to my cousin about her at some point? Weirdly enough she showed up on my recommended list on Facebook like the next day, I think it would be quite creepy to send her a friend request without a proper introduction, but should I do it anyway and try messaging her? What do you guys think?
Original post by Anonymous
Right guys, I went to a family party a few days ago and there was this really hot girl there. I don’t really know who she is but I know that she is in some way friends with my cousin who was also there. I really wanted to talk to her at some point but I assumed I had the whole night to approach her, but unfortunately she had to leave super early because she was going out with some friends or something. I am starting to regret not just going up to her straight away, but I don’t think that would have worked without being really awkward cause all my family would have been watching, so I was kind of hoping I could wait till the party started to die down a little or until everyone had started to split off into groups etc. Not sure what to do now because I probably won’t see her again for ages, and tbh I don’t really recognise her cause I don’t think she has been to one of the parties before. Do you think I should just wait? Or should I talk to my cousin about her at some point? Weirdly enough she showed up on my recommended list on Facebook like the next day, I think it would be quite creepy to send her a friend request without a proper introduction, but should I do it anyway and try messaging her? What do you guys think?

Ask your cousin for additional info and then if appropriate add her on facebook. I got my last gf in similar circumstances.
Reply 2
Ask your cousin for additional info and then if appropriate add her on facebook. I got my last gf in similar circumstances.

Thank you for your response, how would you recommend I go about doing this? Not sure how to ask my cousin about her tbh, any ideas would be appreciated, thank you
Reply 3
Thank you for your response, how would you recommend I go about doing this? Not sure how to ask my cousin about her tbh, any ideas would be appreciated, thank you

If you can't talk to your cousin, how are you potentially going to talk to this girl? Just say it being a family party you knew the relatives, but you didn't recognise this girl and was wondering who she is.

Original post by Surnia
If you can't talk to your cousin, how are you potentially going to talk to this girl? Just say it being a family party you knew the relatives, but you didn't recognise this girl and was wondering who she is.

I agree with this.
Reply 5
Original post by Surnia

I agree with this.

Thank you for your comments, I will try this approach the next time I get a chance to talk to my cousin then. :smile: I don’t see my cousin often, I guess I could try sending a Facebook message but I think I’d rather talk about it in person. I will see what I can do, thank you
Thank you for your comments, I will try this approach the next time I get a chance to talk to my cousin then. :smile: I don’t see my cousin often, I guess I could try sending a Facebook message but I think I’d rather talk about it in person. I will see what I can do, thank you

Good luck man :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending