Yw88
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
hi, i got rejected in from warwick in december, and i have basically set my heart on it ever since i first visited the university, although i have gotten great offers from other universities, here is where i really want to go.
so my question is if this is worth the risk to take? i think i could be getting a*a*a on results day, and possible a*a*a* if i put full dedication into my revision.
swanseajack1
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Economics at Warwick is one of their strongest subject and there is no guarantee it will be in adjustment and even if it does I doubt they will accept anyone they previously didnt think enough of to make an offer. Have you asked for feedback as to why you were rejected. The evidence of students getting in through adjustment is that very few get in and as for predicted grades only 9% exceed them whilst 75% fail to achieve them.
Yw88
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by swanseajack1)
Economics at Warwick is one of their strongest subject and there is no guarantee it will be in adjustment and even if it does I doubt they will accept anyone they previously didnt think enough of to make an offer. Have you asked for feedback as to why you were rejected. The evidence of students getting in through adjustment is that very few get in and as for predicted grades only 9% exceed them whilst 75% fail to achieve them.
how do i ask for feedback? i have gotten an email just listing possible reasons as to why i was rejected but not spesific to my application.
swanseajack1
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Yw88)
how do i ask for feedback? i have gotten an email just listing possible reasons as to why i was rejected but not spesific to my application.
Send then an email asking if they can advise you why your application was unsucessful. It is likely to be your personal statement or your predicted grades. Maybe they felt there were just better candidates. The numbers who get in every year anywhere through adjustment is small so your chances of getting in through adjustment is very low
https://www.theguardian.com/educatio...lts-university
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (160)
15.55%
Uncertainty around my education (167)
16.23%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (98)
9.52%
Isolating with family (71)
6.9%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (38)
3.69%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (90)
8.75%
Loneliness (102)
9.91%
Financial worries (46)
4.47%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (94)
9.14%
Exposure to negative news/social media (73)
7.09%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (90)
8.75%

Watched Threads