Depression during MSC

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I am currently studying a MSc in psychological well-being. Over the course of the year, I seem to be suffering badly with depression. I quit my job, I am struggling to get to university and I'm even struggling just to live at the minute. I'm not suicidal, but I'm worried it'll get to that point if I do not look somewhere for some sort of advise. I guess I'm just looking for some motivation to keep going. I'm currently under therapy for anxiety and depression but I do not feel like its helping me at all. My doctors refuse to give me antidepressants (which I have always been against, but clearly CBT isn't helping, it is for anxiety but not depression). I've got in contact with student support services for some help with my well-being but I was just looking for some extra support on this Forum. I'm also a single parent too, she's keeping me going with daily life and I wouldn't consider myself too ill to function. I'm just worried I'll fail my masters and just become a huge failure. I'm so behind, two essays behind in fact with numerous deadlines coming up very soon. Please help </3 I really want to pass this masters so me and my little girl can have a bright future. Any advise or a kick up the bum for motivation would be very much appreciated. Thanks for reading such a long post.
ChattyCherry1
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I think just try to take one day at a time and make a timetable making sure to study but also spend time with your daughter and friends. Try different things maybe taking up a hobby like reading etc. Also maybe try to change to a different doctor. Just think about the time after you masters and how you can relax if you work hard now and as cheesy as it sounds, watch motivational videos they really do help. I know how it feel and I hope you get well soon x
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by ChattyCherry1)
I think just try to take one day at a time and make a timetable making sure to study but also spend time with your daughter and friends. Try different things maybe taking up a hobby like reading etc. Also maybe try to change to a different doctor. Just think about the time after you masters and how you can relax if you work hard now and as cheesy as it sounds, watch motivational videos they really do help. I know how it feel and I hope you get well soon x
Thank you so much for your reply. I will try my best. Luckily today uni have contacted me for extra support with everything including finance. Fingers crossed things are looking up. Thanks again x
shebk
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
How old are you?
Can you treat yourself with what you learn, you major in psychology
Last edited by shebk; 1 month ago
denmegan
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I’m a mother and I’m 25. I do have a history of mental health problems as I have BPD and suspected PTSD from childhood trauma. I do use some strategies I’ve learned, which is why I think I’m as strong as I am I studied psychology yes x
ChattyCherry1
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Thank you so much for your reply. I will try my best. Luckily today uni have contacted me for extra support with everything including finance. Fingers crossed things are looking up. Thanks again x
very happy to hear that x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think non-essential uni exams should be cancelled?

Yes, they should be cancelled altogether (42)
48.28%
No, they should still go ahead (19)
21.84%
They should be cancelled for everyone but final year (26)
29.89%

Watched Threads