rrawanh
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello, I'm an international student in my second year. I want to apply for an intercalation degree and then apply to a UK university as a graduate entry. Do you think this will work? And is it worth it giving that i desperately want to continue my career in UK
And would you suggest going for a master or bachelor degree?
ecolier
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by rrawanh)
Hello, I'm an international student in my second year. I want to apply for an intercalation degree and then apply to a UK university as a graduate entry. Do you think this will work? And is it worth it giving that i desperately want to continue my career in UK
Bachelor degree should be fine. Where are you studying at the moment?
rrawanh
Rep:
?
(Original post by ecolier)
Bachelor degree should be fine. Where are you studying at the moment?
So do an intercalated bachelor and then apply as a graduate?
Sudan
ecolier
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
So do an intercalated bachelor and then apply as a graduate?
Sudan
Well, I wouldn't take any more time than the absolute minimum required. I take it that Masters will take longer than just completing your current degree.

Read this, for example: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6361074
rrawanh
Rep:
?
(Original post by ecolier)
Well, I wouldn't take any more time than the absolute minimum required. I take it that Masters will take longer than just completing your current degree.

Read this, for example: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6361074
I didn't mean taking a master after bachelor. I meant doing an intercalated master and then applying for a graduate entry instead of an intercalated bachelor. But I'm not sure an intercalated master would be accepted
ecolier
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I didn't mean taking a master after bachelor. I meant doing an intercalated master and then applying for a graduate entry instead of an intercalated bachelor. But I'm not sure an intercalated master would be accepted
It should be, unless in your country an intercalated Masters isn't counted as a proper Masters. In this country an intercalated degree = an actual degree (when you graduate), and similarly an intercalated Masters = an actual master (when you graduate).

But again, we are a UK-based forum and I am a UK-based doc so I don't know how it works with Sudan. It's best to email the med schools you wanted to apply to, and confirm with them.
jzdzm
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Afaik (ecolier may know something different) intercalate degrees are only for people who are already studying medicine, and if you are already studying medicine you can't apply for graduate entry - you should finish the course you are on.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (111)
28.03%
No (285)
71.97%

Watched Threads