Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I’m so lonely, the only things I really have in life are school and the gym. Going to the gym isn’t to look good for anyone else, it’s to look good for me. I’ve always been really bad at making friends and have always found social situations really stressful and anxiety inducing. No girl will ever want me as well, I’m either completely ignored by girls or rejected, despite my build and figure; I guess it’s because of the anxiety I face in social situations and not knowing how to react.
ecolier
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I’m so lonely, the only things I really have in life are school and the gym. Going to the gym isn’t to look good for anyone else, it’s to look good for me. I’ve always been really bad at making friends and have always found social situations really stressful and anxiety inducing. No girl will ever want me as well, I’m either completely ignored by girls or rejected, despite my build and figure; I guess it’s because of the anxiety I face in social situations and not knowing how to react.
Well, moaning on TSR isn't going to get you anywhere.

You'll have to break the cycle somewhere. If you go to the gym a lot, what's the problem with your figure?
Anonymous #1
No one will ever want to be my girlfriend or wife in the future. I’ve decided that I shall just have no friends and be single for the rest of my life, because friends come and go and in the long run they don’t matter.
MoonlightRain
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
do you not have any friends at all? but I’m glad you go to the gym for you and not anyone else.
ecolier
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No one will ever want to be my girlfriend or wife in the future. I’ve decided that I shall just have no friends and be single for the rest of my life, because friends come and go and in the long run they don’t matter.
Why all this negativity? And what is this going to achieve?

Stop your self-loathing, pull your finger out and do something about it.

If girls didn't like you before, they'll not like you even more if you keep being so negative.
Pathway
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Are you a fortune teller? No but seriously, you don't know the future. Work on your anxiety (e.g. seek professional help, use self-help books, etc.) and work on your social skills. Reach out to people, you'll find someone who will reciprocate.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by ecolier)
Well, moaning on TSR isn't going to get you anywhere.

You'll have to break the cycle somewhere. If you go to the gym a lot, what's the problem with your figure?
There’s no problem with my figure, it’s just that my social anxieties are more noticeable than my figure.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Pathway)
Are you a fortune teller? No but seriously, you don't know the future. Work on your anxiety (e.g. seek professional help, use self-help books, etc.) and work on your social skills. Reach out to people, you'll find someone who will reciprocate.
If it’s bad right now, it’ll probably be this bad in the future.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by MoonlightRain)
do you not have any friends at all? but I’m glad you go to the gym for you and not anyone else.
I have absolutely no fiends at all, it’s why I’m on TSR talking about this and not to someone in real life.
ecolier
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It will (if not get even worse) if you continue to think like this.
Pathway
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Perhaps, but doing nothing to change it is not gonna help you.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
I cannot stress enough - the way you’re feeling right now WILL pass.... I was like that too! You’re only in school, you have the rest of your life ahead (you’ll be surprised what can happen). Just focus on school, your hobbies etc. right now.. if your school mates don’t want to make friends with you then it’s their loss!! You’ll be completely surprised of what can come in the future, even if it doesn’t seem like it now
Anonymous #1
I cannot stress enough - the way you’re feeling right now WILL pass.... I was like that too! You’re only in school, you have the rest of your life ahead (you’ll be surprised what can happen). Just focus on school, your hobbies etc. right now.. if your school mates don’t want to make friends with you then it’s their loss!! You’ll be completely surprised of what can come in the future, even if it doesn’t seem like it now
Thanks
Anonymous #1
I try but to no avail, I think I’ll just stick with gym an school for now.
Pathway
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I try but to no avail, I think I’ll just stick with gym an school for now.
Have you sought out professional support for this?
Anonymous #1
It seems as though no one wants to get to know me at all.
Anonymous #1
Have you sought out professional support for this?
I don’t need professional help for this.
Pathway
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I don’t need professional help for this.
The anxiety you say you're feeling can be helped by working with someone on it and no disrespect, but you've clearly tried to work by yourself and it hasn't worked. Do something different or you'll carry on getting the same outcome.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
It seems as though no one wants to get to know me at all.
If you have reached out and they still don’t want to get to know you then forget them... school isn’t everything (although it might seem like it now).. you still have so many opportunities to meet people, my advice is just to focus - it’s a means to an end!!
Anonymous #1
If you have reached out and they still don’t want to get to know you then forget them... school isn’t everything (although it might seem like it now).. you still have so many opportunities to meet people, my advice is just to focus - it’s a means to an end!!
It’s not just people at school, it’s people in general. No idea what I’m doing wrong.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (226)
61.08%
No (77)
20.81%
Not sure (67)
18.11%

Watched Threads