brrrrrrrrrrr
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
As per the title - was wondering how GIC is viewed a a SWF doing AM work in public equities, and how that'd affect exits / long term prospects for analysts!
brrrrrrrrrrr
Rep:
?
bump
xtrembob
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by brrrrrrrrrrr)
As per the title - was wondering how GIC is viewed a a SWF doing AM work in public equities, and how that'd affect exits / long term prospects for analysts!
AM is the exit for most people. You could stay there forever and make good money. Not sure what you are asking for?
brrrrrrrrrrr
Rep:
?
(Original post by xtrembob)
AM is the exit for most people. You could stay there forever and make good money. Not sure what you are asking for?
I guess my question is more like - is GIC reputable enough to go to other buy side shops, or to possibly go out into corporate (if I were to choose?). Basically, I am not sure if GIC would allow me to have opportunities if I were to so decide in the long run that I do not want to be there
xtrembob
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by brrrrrrrrrrr)
I guess my question is more like - is GIC reputable enough to go to other buy side shops, or to possibly go out into corporate (if I were to choose?). Basically, I am not sure if GIC would allow me to have opportunities if I were to so decide in the long run that I do not want to be there
Look GIC is a well known name. When it comes to moving shop in AM, it doens't happen often in general, and if you want to move within AM what matters is your performance/performance of your book against the benchmark, so if you are good yes you can move, if you suck you're stuck until pushed out.
Moving into corporates to do IR should be easy, for CorpDev much harder due to the lack of deal experience, FP&A should be easy unless they require ACCA or some accountant qualification, CorpStrat should be do-able especially if you focus on an industry.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (277)
15.42%
Uncertainty around my education (281)
15.65%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (178)
9.91%
Isolating with family (127)
7.07%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (80)
4.45%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (150)
8.35%
Loneliness (177)
9.86%
Financial worries (74)
4.12%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (165)
9.19%
Exposure to negative news/social media (128)
7.13%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (159)
8.85%

Watched Threads