The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Charles University Hradec Králové

Hey guys! I’ve got an offer from Charles Hradec Králové and wanted to know if anyone else has gotten one to? Also wanted to know about tips on living in Hradec Králové?

Scroll to see replies

hey! got an offer for the year starting oct 2020. Are you doing medicine or dentistry?
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
Hey guys! I got an offer from Charles HK too, I’m gonna be starting in sept 2020. Where are y’all from?
Reply 3
Original post by Shruti2106
hey! got an offer for the year starting oct 2020. Are you doing medicine or dentistry?

Medicine
Original post by Anonymous
Medicine

sweet, same :smile:

Hey guys! I got an offer from Charles HK too, I’m gonna be starting in sept 2020. Where are y’all from?

i live in abu dhabi...u?
Reply 5
Original post by Shruti2106
sweet, same :smile:

i live in abu dhabi...u?

Dubai
hey! what is the percentage required for the entrance exam for admission to charles HK?
Reply 7
Hi guys I got accepted to dentistry but confused to do it at HK or Masaryk. Anybody can encourage me to take the tough decision!!!!
Dubai

Hey, are you thinking of attending HK?
Reply 9
I’m still very confused I’m leaning towards Masaryk right now but I’m still not at a final decision
Original post by Rimareo
I’m still very confused I’m leaning towards Masaryk right now but I’m still not at a final decision

I think in general, all the faculties of medicine in Czech are more or less similar. You should try looking at the city. Brno is a much more student-oriented, lively & youthful city whereas Hradec Kralove is a quieter, peaceful & close-knit city. I personally am leaning towards HK when compared to Prague (1st faculty) because it is quieter and fewer distractions & arguably less touristy lol.
Original post by Rimareo

Where are you from btw?
Reply 12
Original post by Omar55555
Where are you from btw?

I’m coming from Canada
Original post by Rimareo
I’m coming from Canada

Oh cool, I'm from Dubai (lots of people are coming from here lol). If you choose HK then let me know, we can get in contact.
Hey, are you thinking of attending HK?

Hey! Yeah I am.. are you going to hk too?
Hey! Yeah I am.. are you going to hk too?

A bit of a mix, I don't mind HK but my parents want me to go to 1st faculty. Did you apply to any other faculty/university?
Original post by Rimareo
Hi guys I got accepted to dentistry but confused to do it at HK or Masaryk. Anybody can encourage me to take the tough decision!!!!

hey i’m not so sure about dentistry because i’m going for medicine but i think it would be pretty similar if you’re talking about which uni is recognized more.. which would be charles
A bit of a mix, I don't mind HK but my parents want me to go to 1st faculty. Did you apply to any other faculty/university?

yeah i applied to first to but didn’t get in.. first faculty is pretty well reputed, if you can afford the living costs.
I think in general, all the faculties of medicine in Czech are more or less similar. You should try looking at the city. Brno is a much more student-oriented, lively & youthful city whereas Hradec Kralove is a quieter, peaceful & close-knit city. I personally am leaning towards HK when compared to Prague (1st faculty) because it is quieter and fewer distractions & arguably less touristy lol.

Any idea regarding passing rate in HK? I heard it is very tough to pass medicine there? Am from Abu Dhabi.
Any idea regarding passing rate in HK? I heard it is very tough to pass medicine there? Am from Abu Dhabi.

Okay cool, I'm from Dubai :smile: Where are you originally from? HK has moderate pass rates, they're better than the other Charles faculties but not amazing. In HK about 25% to 60% or so manage to graduate (whereas the others drop out).

Quick Reply