The Student Room Group

External Examination

Hi, thereI've just had my dissertation externally examined on my own request, and the course leader/staff are refusing to give me any information on the external examiner or their feedback. Do I have any rights to know who the examiner was? I have been messed around my the staff a number of times so I just want to make sure the examination was actually done.Thanks in AdvanceMeg
Original post by megan.venables
Hi, thereI've just had my dissertation externally examined on my own request, and the course leader/staff are refusing to give me any information on the external examiner or their feedback. Do I have any rights to know who the examiner was? I have been messed around my the staff a number of times so I just want to make sure the examination was actually done.Thanks in AdvanceMeg

You dont say at what level.
Speak to registry or the SU or ask in writing.
I am not sure whether they have to tell you anything about their id because its meant to be anonymous nor what the feedback is. They might just confirm its been put to an external (although this is in itself is unusual) and they were happy with the marking.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending