The Student Room Group

Regret a-level choice

I'm currently studying Psychology, Sociology and English Lang. I really love English and Psychology and I thought Sociology would be a good subject to go along. however I hate sociology and it is such a difficult lesson for me personally. I've never got above a D in it even though I'm getting Bs and Cs in the other 2. I seriously wish i had taken history instead because it was one of my fav lessons at GCSE but my teachers kept advising against it because it wouldnt help me with journalism. Anyone else feel like this and any advice??
Reply 1
Original post by OzzMorris
I'm currently studying Psychology, Sociology and English Lang. I really love English and Psychology and I thought Sociology would be a good subject to go along. however I hate sociology and it is such a difficult lesson for me personally. I've never got above a D in it even though I'm getting Bs and Cs in the other 2. I seriously wish i had taken history instead because it was one of my fav lessons at GCSE but my teachers kept advising against it because it wouldnt help me with journalism. Anyone else feel like this and any advice??

I did better at History than Psych at GCSE

At the start i did History, Religious Studies, English Language and Sociology and no lie but History was wayy too hard that i dropped it in the first 2 weeks! I did well in History though but it was boring and nothing like GCSE. At the start i loved Sociology but now it boring! I used to get A's now i'm on a C :frown: But its good you didn't do History. What exam board for Sociology?
Reply 3
Original post by umaiyyahc1
At the start i did History, Religious Studies, English Language and Sociology and no lie but History was wayy too hard that i dropped it in the first 2 weeks! I did well in History though but it was boring and nothing like GCSE. At the start i loved Sociology but now it boring! I used to get A's now i'm on a C :frown: But its good you didn't do History. What exam board for Sociology?

Makes me feel better than history is quite challenging. I've heard from friends it's quite dull though but I really enjoyed it. I'm doing AQA for Sociology
Makes me feel better than history is quite challenging. I've heard from friends it's quite dull though but I really enjoyed it. I'm doing AQA for Sociology

Samee

Quick Reply

Latest