The Student Room Group

Social Work 2020 UU Queens

I haven't been able to find a thread for 2020 applications for UU or Queens. Is anyone waiting for second personal statement or an
interview?

Scroll to see replies

Hey,
Yes I have completed the second personal statement so I am waiting to hear if I have got through to the interview stage.. I am nervous and the wait is killing me!
Reply 2
Original post by Socialworkerlo20
Hey,
Yes I have completed the second personal statement so I am waiting to hear if I have got through to the interview stage.. I am nervous and the wait is killing me!

Yay, so glad to have found someone else!! Fingers crossed for you, it was around 2 weeks after I submitted my second PS that I was sent my interview details. Keep me posted. Have you applied to Queens and Ulster?
Original post by mickeyrosie
Yay, so glad to have found someone else!! Fingers crossed for you, it was around 2 weeks after I submitted my second PS that I was sent my interview details. Keep me posted. Have you applied to Queens and Ulster?

Yes me too, mine had to be in on the 7th Feb! I’ve applied to QUB, SWC and Belfast Met. What about you?
When is your interview? I misread your last message. I’m not feeling very confident about an interview to be honest!
Reply 5
mine had to be in end of January. I heard back from Queens 2-3 weeks later and had my interview last Monday. I completely misunderstood one of the questions so I'm not very confident 😔 I could have kicked myself when I came out and realised. I've applied for Belfast Met and Queens
mine had to be in end of January. I heard back from Queens 2-3 weeks later and had my interview last Monday. I completely misunderstood one of the questions so I'm not very confident 😔 I could have kicked myself when I came out and realised. I've applied for Belfast Met and Queens

Oh I really hope so hear back!
Maybe it won’t have been as bad as you think and you will have scored higher on the other questions! Are you applying as a mature student?
Has anyone heard from queens ? I had my interview for UU on 17th feb.
Reply 8
Original post by eoneill95

I shared my info 🙄 I wish I hadn't now, but I've done my interview in Queens. I know they were striking from Thursday so that might hold things up for you
I havnt heard anything about interview. Personal statement was put in start of Feb.

I just got an email today from QUB inviting me for interview on 24th March... phew!!
Original post by CoriRob1234
I havnt heard anything about interview. Personal statement was put in start of Feb.

I think the strikes have held things up. Admissions for nursing told my friend their interview invitations would be running behind. Hope you hear soon, the waiting is so hard!
I think the strikes have held things up. Admissions for nursing told my friend their interview invitations would be running behind . Hope you hear soon, the waiting is so hard!

That makes sense actually. Fingers crossed anyways 🤞
I don’t have my maths GCSE I only have my essential skills maths so that’s maybe why with queens ? 😬

I got told the interview case scenario and questions are the exact same for both unis to make it fair, does anyone know if this is true?
I don’t have my maths GCSE I only have my essential skills maths so that’s maybe why with queens ? 😬

I got told the interview case scenario and questions are the exact same for both unis to make it fair, does anyone know if this is true?

From what I understand they have a list of questions so everyone isn't asked the same. They also have the same required answers so everyone is scored fairly.
Hi has anyone applied for Magee? Have you heard anything about interviews?
Hi! Ive applied for queens and ulster and have interviews next week for both! Does anyone know how the queens interview is? like it is scenarios the same as ulster?
Original post by MeganM10
Hi has anyone applied for Magee? Have you heard anything about interviews?

I have applied for magee but not heard anything. When did you send your second personal statement?
Still haven’t heard nothing from queens , done my interview for Magee on 17th feb. Does anyone already have a degree and are steered towards the two year course ?
Original post by CoriRob1234
I have applied for magee but not heard anything. When did you send your second personal statement?

I sent mine on the 23rd of January and haven’t heard anything yet? I heard within 2 weeks last year!

Quick Reply

Latest