Am I right to be confused about my friend?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Had to keep this anon just in case she happens to come across the post.

Basically my “friend” sent me a long message out the blue last night over snapchat.

She hadn’t messaged me for a week or so. I asked to meet up with her in that time too but she declined saying she was feeling down and needed some time alone. I listened completely, by giving her some time to herself and not messaging.

In the message she started it with “I miss you. I’ve been thinking about you a lot recently”. Then she went on to say that she hoped I didn’t hate her for not seeing me. I just wanted to let you know that “I love you and hope your okay”. “I hope you don’t think I’m being a bad friend but I’m so grateful to have you”.

The problem is my heads going around in circles when she messages things like this. We’ve been friends for about 2 years now but there is a chemistry between us that’s undeniable. I’ve never felt it with anyone else before.

She also knows I’m bisexual. I am attracted to her and would date her in a heartbeat, if only she felt the same way.

Am I overthinking this? Does she only see me as a platonic friend or is there something more here. The messages confuse me so much - when she is saying things like missing me and that she loves me 😔

I’ve never experienced this off any of my other friends who have been just friends.

Anybody got any advice/opinions on this????
equinox72
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)

Basically my “friend” sent me a long message out the blue last night over snapchat.

She hadn’t messaged me for a week or so. I asked to meet up with her in that time too but she declined saying she was feeling down and needed some time alone. I listened completely, by giving her some time to herself and not messaging.

In the message she started it with “I miss you. I’ve been thinking about you a lot recently”. Then she went on to say that she hoped I didn’t hate her for not seeing me. I just wanted to let you know that “I love you and hope your okay”. “I hope you don’t think I’m being a bad friend but I’m so grateful to have you”.

The problem is my heads going around in circles when she messages things like this. We’ve been friends for about 2 years now but there is a chemistry between us that’s undeniable. I’ve never felt it with anyone else before.

She also knows I’m bisexual. I am attracted to her and would date her in a heartbeat, if only she felt the same way.

Am I overthinking this? Does she only see me as a platonic friend or is there something more here. The messages confuse me so much - when she is saying things like missing me and that she loves me 😔

I’ve never experienced this off any of my other friends who have been just friends.

I have a feeling she is into you because the time she stayed away and did not text you might be for trying to get over you but once she realized that it's not possible she decided to face the truth and came to you.
listen, I might be wrong or she might actually love you. just talk it out and clear things out and get everything else out of the way and I'm pretty sure you'll make it through.
username1221281
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
"I...would date her in a heartbeat, if only she felt the same way."
And that's what you've got to find out. It looks like you should try to have a talk with her, nothing heavy to start with though.
Obviously she's been thinking about you too and something's on her mind. But what, exactly?
You need to talk
ivanovserega794
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)

She might be into you but just to be sure, it would be better if you'd ask her on what she meant with those message she sent you because you're kinda confused about it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (231)
60.95%
No (79)
20.84%
Not sure (69)
18.21%

Watched Threads