Nathalieb280
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
hi ! I’m doing Macbeth , Animal farm and a Christmas Carol. I was just
wondering if you have good sentences starters for essays , grade 7,8 or 9 .
veneti54
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
To start a paragraph/introduce your point?
Nathalieb280
Rep:
?
To start a paragraph and maybe to introduce the effect on the reader , because I know how to make a point and how to introduce the evidence but when I have to explain connotations or patterns of the quote I chose , I just don’t know how to
veneti54
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
My go to for paragraph starters was and still are at a-level "one way in which/another way in which/conversely, it could be argued that..." Depending on your point you could also use "it is important to note that" in order to introduce a point which opposes the idea of the question or a different aspect of a theme (like inner conflict after talking about physical, stuff like that). When it comes to connotations, make sure you use other terminology too, as mentioning poetic structure and language devices is what really gets you the marks. Connotations are good at complementing those though! For example, it could be something like "This quote has negative connotations of physical conflict relating to the relationship between x and y, exemplified by the pathos that the pathetic fallacy creates in relation to this scene." Idk if that makes sense but if you wanna PM me I can help out!
Nathalieb280
Rep:
?
Thank you so much !!! I think you just saved my English literature exam
Nathalieb280
Rep:
?
Also you could use “ this noun / verb / etc has pejorative/ameliorative connotations of .... instead of positive or negative ! Obviously I’m not doing a level yet but maybe that could give you marks , thank you for your tips though!
veneti54
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Oh thank you!! I've never been told about those words, sound alot better than positive/negative. No problem and good luck, you'll SMASH the exams!
Nathalieb280
Rep:
?
Thank you !
Tolgarda
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
As someone who got over 95% in GCSE English literature, let me tell you that no sentence starter is 'top grade', at least from what I can remember. Maybe you're looking for something different?
Nathalieb280
Rep:
?
Yh , for Macbeth I was thinking something like this “ Shakespeare presents (character ) as a (__eg powerful woman ) through the use of (___theme ) when referring to “___ quote “ which alludes....
I just want something different than saying the writer or author presents _____ as a by using ___
Tolgarda
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Nathalieb280)
Yh , for Macbeth I was thinking something like this “ Shakespeare presents (character ) as a (__eg powerful woman ) through the use of (___theme ) when referring to “___ quote “ which alludes....
I just want something different than saying the writer or author presents _____ as a by using ___
If you're looking for sentences like that, well...
Nathalieb280
Rep:
?
Wait do you know better sentences?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think non-essential uni exams should be cancelled?

Yes, they should be cancelled altogether (40)
48.19%
No, they should still go ahead (19)
22.89%
They should be cancelled for everyone but final year (24)
28.92%

Watched Threads