The Student Room Group

Manchester or Nottingham University

So I’ve got my offers and narrowed down my Uni choices to Notts and Manchester for Aerospace Engineering. I missed the open days/ offer holder days and am hoping someone can tell me what they know or their experiences of the student accommodations/ Uni life/ facilities/ the town/ student help centre ie
Thank you loads for your help in advance!!!
Original post by Anonymous
So I’ve got my offers and narrowed down my Uni choices to Notts and Manchester for Aerospace Engineering. I missed the open days/ offer holder days and am hoping someone can tell me what they know or their experiences of the student accommodations/ Uni life/ facilities/ the town/ student help centre ie
Thank you loads for your help in advance!!!

Personnel I would go with Manchester the city was vibrant when I went, it’s very student based so there are loads of things to do so close to the university and people we were really welcoming. The best accommodation is fallowfield as it the most social, , the facilities are nice especially the library. Nottingham is also nice but I felt like it was very far out from the city centre in comparison to Manchester where things are on your doorstep. The uni itself is beautiful though and modern, also I feel the accommodation lacks a community feel they are all quite spread out etc. However this is just my opinion, Manchester and notts are both two of my options too but I’m definitely going to firm Manchester.
*Personally Also it does depend a lot on the course modules as you may prefer them at one university compared to the other.
Make a pro and con list of what you like more.
You can include things like:
- Distance from home
- Cost of accommodation
- Future modules in course
- Higher ranking (if that matters to you)

Hope this helps!
Joshua :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest